What's new

Sometimes I can't get DVDA & SACD working in multichannel... (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
This has been really annoying me, probably more because I'm sure its a real simple solution but for some reason its over my head.

I used to own a Denon 2802 and a Toshiba SD 5700 DVD A player. No problems, always got everything to work for the 3 + years I owned this combo.

In the autumn I upgraded to a Denon 3805 and a Denon 1920 DVDA/SACD player. Sometimes, for some whacky reason, I just cannot get certain DVD A's or SACD's to work in multichannel when I know for a fact there is a multichannel mix. The other night I just couldn't for the life of me get Fleetwood Mac's rumours DVD A to work in MC...even though I have done it a hundred times in the past. Yes, I checked the menu to make sure it was on the MC mix and not the stereo mix, make sure its on EXT. IN for the use of the 6 analog cables...

So I'm thinking...ok something within my reciever or dvd player isn't set up right or I'm overlooking a simple button...but when I put in another disc the MC mix works fine. This is true for both DVD A and SACD, sometimes the MC mix works for some discs and sometimes it doesn't for others.

So I'm guessing that everything is set up right so I must be overlooking something...but since some discs work and some don't in MC I'm at a complete loss as to what the problem could be. Perhaps this denon player has some issues I'm not aware of?

I just "initialized" the dvd player assuming this is setting everything back to default. Still no worky. I have been again trying to get Rumours to work but no go, popped in Sheryle Crow Globe Sessions and the MC works fine.

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Well, I'm a bonehead. I've been playing around with the dvd player for the last couple of hours since posting and reading a 21 page denon 1920 thread over at avs forums and I got it to work. There's a buried option within the menu I had wrong, once I changed it from 2 channel to Multichannel it worked (of course). I remember playing with this setting before but I thought I had it right...but apparently not.

Along the way though I have read some other interesting quirks about this particular dvd player so because of my ineptness and the following search for info on this player I have found out some very interesting things.

All is not lost :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks