What's new

Something's Gotta Give (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The TV ads have been playing for a week or two now, is anybody looking forward to this film? Keanu Reeves looks like he's actually doing a good job of acting in this one! I may have to see it just for that if not for anything else.

The links to the two trailers are here: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/s/s...sgottagive.php

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
It has nothing to do with the aborted MM film (remade with Doris Day). Buzz is that Diane Keaton gives an Oscar-worthy performance. It has "adult" written all over it, so those that are looking for a gross-out comedy should stay away. :frowning:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You want a gross-out comedy in place of an "adult" movie, Peter?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Sorry If I confused you. Of course not.

By "adult" I mean witty, funny and a screenplay that doesn't confuse salacious words and situations with good writing.

Sophomoric comedies so prevalent today are boring, silly and most of the time uninteresting to me.

I look forward to this film.

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I suppose there's nothing sophmoric about a man catching a woman his own age (actually, ten years his junior) topless, and he freaks out (gets a heart attack?)- all played for comedy.

Ok, so it isn't "sophmoric". It's "dirty old mannish".

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Oh, I suppose there's nothing sophmoric about a man catching a woman his own age (actually, ten years his junior) topless, and he freaks out (gets a heart attack?)- all played for comedy.
The way the scene plays out it works quite nicely.

Unlike, say, a certain scene in "Something About Mary" where the peeping-tom catches sight of something he shouldn't have. THAT would be gross-out comedy. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks