Something wrong with the Good Trader's List

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Ely, Apr 18, 2002.

1. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

There seems to be a problem with the Good Trader's List. There's supposed to be a common link in both the hardware/software sale forums. But it seems they are seperate copies of the thread. Look at the 31st page in the software area, then look at the 31st page in the hardware area.

Don't make any changes yet as I want to mark down all the current feedback. Then maybe we could try starting a new thread that'll be linked in both forums.

2. David Ely

Okay ... I've taken down all new entries on both lists. Do what you want to with the threads. If they get destroyed, I'll create a new one.

3. David Ely

Have any of the mods been able to figure out what went wrong with the GTL? If it can't be fixed, please lock the current threads and I'll start a new one.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    David:

They are separate lists. They are not the same. There is no way to make them the same. They are separate from each other as they are different subjects. If you post in one it will not automatically update the other. You have to do that yourself.

That is the way they always have been. I just copied the one list that you wanted me to and put that copy in the other forum but the subsequent posts to those threads are separate from each other.

Parker

5. David Ely

Parker,

My initial request was to have a link to the GTL in both the Software and Hardware sections. I didn't want two seperate lists. It has always been one list where people left feedback for all trades/sales done through this forum.

Since it's not possible to have the list cross-posted, let's keep the original list in the Software section and have a link at the top of the hardware section that points to the correct thread. That way it can be accessed from either forum.

6. Parker Clack

Parker
    David:

Ok, I will see what I can do. Do you want me to just delete the one in the hardware section then?

Parker

7. Parker Clack

Parker
    David:

Ok. I put a link to the Good Trader's List in the Hardware For Sale/Trade section under the other links right across from the New Thread button. I also moved the good traders list that was in this area to the Hardware Archives for you to look over and see if there is anything in that thread you wanted. When you are done with it I will just delete it.

Parker

8. David Ely

Thanks Parker! You can delete the archived thread now.

9. Parker Clack

Parker
    David:

All done.

Parker