What's new

Something wrong with my projector? (1 Viewer)

DaveD'

Stunt Coordinator
I was just watching Garden State with my recently purchased refurbished 4805 and started noticing about once every 30-45 seconds the screen would very quickly flash white, most noticeably in the "black bar" portion of the screen(obviously because of the darker color). I didn't start to really take notice until the film was about 3/4 done. After it was over I put in Equilibrium for comparison and there was no flashing. Just to be on the safe side though could that be an indication of anything wrong with the projector, or is it just a flaw in that particular dvd?

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
You may be seeing the "flicker" issue that was created with the later firmwares. The first version did not have it but had switching problems. There should be a new firmware soon that will resolve the problem. They had to wait for help from T.I. and they were introducing new models, so the new firmware was a low priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks