What's new

Something to think about after this Muppet OAR/Fraggle biz: The complete Muppet Show! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
You know, I have been wondering why the Jim Henson Company hasn't thought about releasing the complete Muppet Show on DVD. I know Time Life released a best-of set, but some of us want season sets. Who else wants to petition for this after we rectify the OAR and Fraggle Rock issues? (I'm sure that most people would want this BEFORE Muppet movie SEs)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Time Life has the total rights to Muppet Show, forget about Season sets, they don't do them

Given that the show doesn't have a chronology really, season sets are not as critical. The best we're probably going to get out of them is 20 volumes (roughly 50% of the eps)

OAR needs to be solved NOW

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Time life has already said they plan on releasing the rest of the muppet shows if I have heard correctly. Granted they won't be in order, but as a "variety" show it's not damaging.

It *would* be damaging if they released Fraggle Rock out of order. Everyone sign the Fraggle Petition and please make mention that you want the whole series in order of release. Time Life is not necessarily the company that will get this job.

And if they do, the next campain will be aimed at Time Life directly from the fans...to get the the *whole* series released *in order*.

-dave

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
I'm sure Time Life doesn't have total rights to the show. It's the same situation with Columbia House, where shows are licensed for mail order only not to be sold in stores. If someone, like A&E or Anchor Bay, wanted to license the series to be released commercially (i.e. in stores), it could still be done. So seasons boxed sets, released in stores, aren't totally out of the question.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They plan on releasing MORE Muppet Shows
The rest that they have released on TAPE (15 volumes)
They never said all :frowning:

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
At only three episodes a disc I wouldn't want Time Life to release them all!:)
Not at $24.95 a pop. That's a $1,000 for the entire series! I love The Muppet Show, but not that much. I'm seriously hoping for season sets in the future.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If you buy all 10 at once, and use a coupon you can get the entire 10 volume set for $175

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks