What's new

Something to compete with the Tumult......... (1 Viewer)

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Play with these #'s & LMK what you guys think. ( :emoji_thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: )
Similar results to the Tumult in both a sealed (2.0ft^3) & vented/PR'ed (3.75ft^3 20hz), for about 30% less $$$

***XXX-15*** (read: new-15)

• F/s: 19hz

• Qms: 5.50

• Vas: 110L

• Mms: 343g

• Xmag: 38mm

• Xmax: 32mm

• Sd: 749cm2

• Vd: 5L

• Qes: 0.40

• Z(nominal): 3 Ohm DVC

• Prms: 1500 watts per coil

• Pmax: 4000 watts peak

• Qts: 0.48

• Bl: 25.5Tm

• SPL: 87.3Db @ 2.83V

• Diameter: 15.5"

• Mounting Diameter: 14"

• Depth: 9.5"

• Mounting Depth: 8.28"

• Magnet Diameter: 7.5"

• Weight: 54lbs

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Manufactured by the same build house, yes. Every company has the right to charge whatever they see fit. If people are buying the driver at a certain price point there's no need to change it.

Even at $500 the Tumult is still one helluva deal. Much better than the $1K car audio drivers that a lot of kids are buying through retail chains.

AllanRW

Second Unit
I agree with Brian.
A similar Driver sold out the door at A&B Sound (large retailer in Canada)
for $1599.99 is a joke when you compare the Tumult to it.

So again for the price the Mult is a keeper.

Al

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
These numbers don't add up. Mms is way too low for 19Hz at this Sd/Vas, BL is way too high for any of them, Qts can never be >Qes, safe Pmax is 2x Prms, so is a bit optimistic IMO.

So what is its real specs, or is this an unrealistic wishful 'what if' design?

GM

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Is this a prototype driver? I see ***XXX-15***

RE posted specs for the XXX 15 as:

• F/s: 28hz

• Qms: 4.68

• Vas: 123.3L

• Xmag: 34mm

• Xmax: 34mm

• Sd: 810cm2

• Qes: 0.49

• Z(nominal): 2 Ohm DVC

• Prms: 1600 watts total

• Pmax: 2500 watts peak

• Qts: 0.49

• Bl: 17.1Tm

• SPL: 88.7Db @ 2.83V

Just curious if you got the specs mixed up for the XXX 15, or if there is a new driver coming out??

I own both the XXX and the Tumult. both great drivers. . .look exactly the same form the bottom side!!

Brian

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
"Much better than the $1K car audio drivers that a lot of kids are buying through retail chains."
Yah, no kidding Brian. That crap is soooo over priced! Getting ready for ATL?

"So what is its real specs, or is this an unrealistic wishful 'what if' design?"
Greg, your a tough one to get things by :) You got the idea right. A "what if" but on pre-order. Who knows what the exact specs will be until done. BTW, will you be in ATL again this year?

"Just curious if you got the specs mixed up for the XXX 15, or if there is a new driver coming out??"
Yes Mr. Owens, a new driver in the mix................. :D

Mark gas

Second Unit
JL w7

A USA 2000x would be a perfect match for the W& and can be had for $675 new or you could get a MTX 81000D for $300 used.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Brian/Greg,

You are both correct; those are not the correct numbers for a XXX; the correct numbers can be seen at:

http://www.bladeice.com/subre.htm

The XXX has a much higher Fs, much tighter suspension (lower Vas), and comes in quad 1.2 Ohm voice coils, standard (dual configurations are available as well). It shares the same steel as the Tumult, but other than that the suspensions and voice coils (even the gauge and type of material) are different.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Brian,
Those look sweet :emoji_thumbsup: Those suckers use a bit more veneer though don't they :)

Brian-K-Owens, Dan Wiggens, who ever else:
Sorry I confused you all with the XXX part. I forgot there was already a XXX15 in existence. I should have known you blood hounds would have sniffed that out. AGAIN, these are specs for a NEW, pre-order driver. Now lets see if one of you Sherlocks can find out which one it is........ :D

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Chris,

As Greg Monfort states, and as Jack Gilvey confirms, the parameters as listed cannot exist. Something's wrong with the specs as listed. Best to ask your source to confirm the numbers first, because something is amiss.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I don't like playing with numbers that can't exist. Enough with the teasers, can't we just get to the spoilers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks