Something the Lord Made

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Bendiksen, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

Something the Lord Made is a film made for HBO last year that received a somewhat low profile release this past week. I just finished watching it and felt compelled to encourage others who have not seen this amazing film to get your hands on a copy of this DVD.

This true story about two early pioneers of heart surgery is simply extraordinary, and the closing moments left me with a lump in my throat as I contemplated everything that I had just seen.

Because of people's varying taste in movies, I rarely make a "blanket recommendation" that everyone within my earshot see a particular film. However, I'm making an exception in this case. I highly recommend this DVD. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :

2. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

saw it when it aired on HBO, and heartily endorse everything you said. one of the few films that can make me a little weepy.

3. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

Great film! Loved every minute of it.

4. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

I had missed it when it was on HBO last Summer. I had really wanted to see it. I picked it up on DVD and got a chance to watch it yesterday. What an excellent film.

I know what you mean. I found myself crying during those last 5 minutes. This is definitely something, everyone should see at least once during thier lifetime.

5. Jim Dalton

Jim Dalton Stunt Coordinator

Although I haven't seen the HBO movie yet, I did see the documentary several times on PBS.

It was from The American Experience and was titled: Partners of the Heart.