What's new

Something the Lord Made (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Something the Lord Made is a film made for HBO last year that received a somewhat low profile release this past week. I just finished watching it and felt compelled to encourage others who have not seen this amazing film to get your hands on a copy of this DVD.

This true story about two early pioneers of heart surgery is simply extraordinary, and the closing moments left me with a lump in my throat as I contemplated everything that I had just seen.

Because of people's varying taste in movies, I rarely make a "blanket recommendation" that everyone within my earshot see a particular film. However, I'm making an exception in this case. I highly recommend this DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Link Removed
:

RobertW

Supporting Actor
saw it when it aired on HBO, and heartily endorse everything you said. one of the few films that can make me a little weepy.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I had missed it when it was on HBO last Summer. I had really wanted to see it. I picked it up on DVD and got a chance to watch it yesterday. What an excellent film.

I know what you mean. I found myself crying during those last 5 minutes. This is definitely something, everyone should see at least once during thier lifetime.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Although I haven't seen the HBO movie yet, I did see the documentary several times on PBS.

It was from The American Experience and was titled: Partners of the Heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks