What's new

Something small, but encouraging from Future Shop re: Widescreen (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
While on my weekly trek to the local Future Shop, I saw posted at the checkout, a little sign with a listing of preorder SKUs. Of note they had the widescreen and pan and scan versions of the Harry Potter DVD. Next to the widescreen one (and keep in mind this is a note for the cashiers) was written in big letters ***BETTER!!!*** . Just thought ya'll would like to know the battle is all lost in someplaces.

cheers!

Josh

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
In the many conversations that I've had with our neighbors to the north, I've noticed that the stores in Canda seem to be very willing to inform the public about widescreen. With the exception of some chains and independent stores, such information seems to be verboten in the U.S.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
Good job Future Shop!
I'm proud to say that about 75-80% of my DVD purchases are done there. Good prices, and now good policies!
:emoji_thumbsup:

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I have to agree that many of the Canadian retailers do a good job with OAR and widescreen.

I can think of many times that I've gone to Futureshop and found considerably more widescreen versions than P&S on dual format releases. Sometimes the P&S ones are not even on the shelf its great! Its like the opposite of Wal-Mart's of the world.

Patrick

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I just wish that someone would start writing BETTER! next to the English track for the Quebecois ;)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I can think of many times that I've gone to Futureshop and found considerably more widescreen versions than P&S on dual format releases. Sometimes the P&S ones are not even on the shelf its great! Its like the opposite of Wal-Mart's of the world.
Yes, I've noticed that, too.
Lately, I've been getting a lot of my discs from The Future Shop. :)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
haha, that was probably done by an employee at that particular store, but it is still good to hear.

And ya, Future Shop is quite good at getting more WS titles in than P&S.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I just wish that someone would start writing BETTER! next to the English track for the Quebecois
If they do that, they'll get sued by the OLF. The Quebecian Government sees the english language as a threat, when a choice exists, they are forced by law to make people believe that french is better. And as for the french speaking people who understand that the original version is better, they are called "Traitors".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks