What's new

Something interesting regarding new technology. (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
My teacher told me something interesting in class. And it makes me think of all the positive/negative possibilities.
Scientists have made a chip to control organisms. (specifically rats so far)
Scientists have made a rat climb a tree, go to the end of a branch, and turn around and come down. Think of all the possibilities. Think of all those crazy activists, and what very well may be our demise.
-Bert: Going to go eat hot dogs and listen to The Kids of Whitney High ;)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I read this article and it's not as cool as it sounds.. they still have to train the rats. They just zap them when they want them to turn left or right or climb... etc.

The cool part, however is the rats are also wired to be rewarded with a sense of pleasure when they turn the right way or do the right thing.

Thats the part I want! Anyone have any books on how to wire up your own pleasure center?.. and a small drill for my skull?

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
There's actually a worthwhile motive to this. They are anticipating fitting them with mini video cameras and transmitters so they can send them into collapsed buildings to look for survivors underneath the rubble.

Deane

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
There's actually a worthwhile motive to this. They are anticipating fitting them with mini video cameras and transmitters so they can send them into collapsed buildings to look for survivors underneath the rubble.
And to fetch me a donut in the morning and get my remote when it gets lost in the couch.

Remote controlled rats...all part of my plan to take over the world...muuhhahhahahhahahahaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks