What's new

*** Something EVERY studio should learn: CTHV announces BLACK HAWK DOWN SE in ADVANCE (1 Viewer)

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
If any of the other studios frequent this fine forum, just take a moment to realize this...
This is the way dual releases of product SHOULD be done! This way, you won't upset the collector and force him/her to buy TWO versions of the SAME film just to get the cool "added value" stuff he/she wants.
Kudos to Columbia on this. Now reconsider the decision to release MAR'ed DVDs in the future!

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
The "public" doesn't just consist of people visiting these DVD forums and sites. The average consumer will have no idea about an upcoming SE (unless Columbia advertises the upcoming SE on the front of the bare-bones edition).
This may sound like an elitist rant, but will the general J6P public be at all interested in the SE, or DTS for that matter??

T r o y

Supporting Actor
YeeHaww! Glad to finally know that there are definate plans to release a SE of this awesome picture. Now let's hope there will be a DTS track included. If not, there is always a SB version to give us this feature :)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
This may sound like an elitist rant, but will the general J6P public be at all interested in the SE, or DTS for that matter??
Maybe not becuase of the DTS track, but as long as it's one of their favourite films, they'd definetely be interested in the additional extras in the SE.

I have some J6P friends who've upgraded a few DVDs to the SE, and I've seen many J6P shoppers pass up on the cheaper bare-bones DVD and spend a little more on the SE.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Given this is Columbia and Ridley Scott, I would think a DTS track is VERY likely.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Guys count me in a one whos also tired of rebuying discs.

Fox pissed me off recently with their X-Men SE announcement - they lied to us because they were asked way back when if a second X-Men SE DVD would be released in the future and they matter of factly told us "No"

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I will definitely hold off buying this DVD until the SE is released. But I will probably rent Black Hawk Down when it is first released.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I applaud Columbia for doing this. Regardless, I still might buy both editions since I can't wait to have this film after seeing it with my brother. When the SE comes out, I'll just give him the standard edition.

Oscar

Second Unit
Well, i dont buy reissues regarding features, but regarding quality yes, so if the next edition comes with a DTS track, ill surely buy it, but im eyeing the first one, because liked this movie a lot, but major kudos to Columbia for not doing what other studios do

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad there is a positive feedback thread for this too. CTHE (and all studios) need this type of response so they understand the work/effort IS noticed.

They will still get my SE money and maintain a good sense of goodwill as well. I'll probably rent the regular DVD anyway, thus they are knowingly still getting some rental money out of me at least.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

does anyone have a link to a (more or less) official announcement about the second SE dvd?

i already told my uncle to hold off until the SE comes out and i'm trying to send him some additional info.

thx

DanR

Supporting Actor
Ted,

Ron's first post is probably pasted in directly from CTHV's official statement (Rons gets press releases for them and posts them on the forum in threads like these). There are no official "specs" for this disc yet, though it's expected to be released later this year. It's safe to say that you can expect a package similar to Hannibal and Gladiator.

Regards,

Dan

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Hey
I have heard some rumors about the future release of Ridley Scott's Black Hawk Down. This much is known about it. It will contain DTS, commentaries from Scott and others involved with the production, deleted scenes, interviews, documentaries, trailers, and much more. It will also be a deluxe 3-Disc set. I think this is well worth the wait.

So you say you have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Where did hear these rumors? That's great news if it is from a reliable source.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
It was mentioned in an interview with Ridely SCott and Jerry Bruckheimer. They commented on the features, but I found info about it being a 3-Disc set with DTS somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks