What's new

Someone with Denon 5800 please help. (1 Viewer)

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I am sorry if this is a very amateurish question but I could not get any answers from my instruction manual. I am trying to add a pair of speakers on my patio through this reciever using the multi-zone 2 output but I can't seem to get it to work. It is my understanding that I do not need a separate amp if I use multi-zone 2, is that correct? I set it up on the onscreen menu to output multi-zone 2 but still no sound comes through the speakers. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Joe Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
I have the 4802 but if I recall the 5800 has a setup in the menu almost like the 4802....you set the multizone2 power amp assignment to "M-zone2", of course then you can only run 5.1 in the main listening room. The one thing I had a problem with when I was first setting up the multi zone is that you have to use analog inputs....it will not utilize the digital connections for multizone. Hope this helps...
Joe

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Thanks Joe, that helps answer my major question. What type of AMP would I need to get to use the multi-zone 1 function. I assume a two channel amp would suffice but any recomendations on brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks