What's new

Someone throw me a bone! (1 Viewer)

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
I am new to this speaker building stuff, and need some quick advice. My wife just called and said either she is in labor or is having some bad, rhythmic pains.

I am going to build a sealed subwoofer, with the PE Titanic MK2 10" and 150w plate amp. Before I order the parts, I am trying to find out the right enclosure dimensions.

Any input please before my 3rd pops out and plans to build this are ruined!

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
take her to the hospital and find a sympathetic doc that will give her a shot to forestall the blessed event. then return home and take your time to do a proper job on your sub. sheesh... women have no sense of perspective.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
All you have to say is that it's for the baby,
Works everytime for me....especially since we just had one Dec 23. So now I say it's for the baby the other two have enough.
My wife's sister actually paged her husband and I during a movie because she went into labor, Boy we were mad. So we left the theater.
And then to top it off she just had gas..
Also tell her you have to hurry up and build it because your going to play classical music for the baby with it which will make the baby smarter!! Women love that type of stuff....
Use spekaer building software for the right enclosure dimensions. Look at
www.speakerbuilding.com
any other recommendations from the experts.......

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
No labor just yet! Whew!;)
And my wireless network dropped off.
I will go for the 1 cu ft box. I saw some free program that would give dimensions based on your input. I assume I should avoid a cube? W x H x D?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
With subs the dimensions don't matter much. The wave lengths are too long to form standing waves inside the box (unless you start getting dimensions past 6ft). This is especially true with respect to the dimensions of a 1ft^3 box. As long as the driver fits in it, make it what ever dimensions you like. Cube is fine.

Michael Do

Agent
She's going into labor and here your worrying about subwoofer and your wireless network dropping. This thread is hilarious. LMAO

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
With subs the dimensions don't matter much...

That's all I needed to hear. Thanks.

She is not really in labor as of yet. 3 weeks to the due date. After the first two kids, it becomes a lot easier to relax about birth. It is finding personal time that is tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks