What's new

Someone please help me format ! (1 Viewer)

BradK

Stunt Coordinator
...before i throw this piece of $%*t out the window. Ok...I had XP, couldnt figure out how to format it..so I through in my Win. ME recovery cd in to see if that would be able to get me somewhere. Well, it wiped out XP and now I just have ME now. Now, I dont know how to format ME either. I dont have any disks other than the ME recovery cd, and XP home edition cd. ME came with the pc installed and the only disk that came with it was the recovery cd. I bought XP from a tech, so it is the oem version. So all I have there is the installation cd.
Can someone please hold my hand, and step by step me through this !:angry:

KyleS

Screenwriter
The XP from your tech whether OEM or not should be a bootable disc. All you should have to do is put the disc in and it will ask you if you would like to partition the drive. First delete the WinMe Partition and then create the new partition. After the new partition is created you will tell windows to be installed to that partition. When you install XP it will force you to do a format on the new partition before continuing.

KyleS

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
like kyle said, the xp cd alone should be all you need.

some other thoughts:

1. you may need to go into your setup to tell your pc to boot from the cd drive first.

2. this sounds like an aftermarket pc. if so, do you have all the drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks