What's new

Someone is trying to give me the shaft - eBay style! (1 Viewer)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I recently sold the movie-only edition of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and the buyer insists that I sent her shower gel instead of a DVD. (WTF???!!!) Simply not possible.

Well, of course I didn't but they insist that I did, and I feel like I am being black-balled into refunding their money or risk negative feedback.

I suspect they used the "buy it now" option before realizing it wasn't the Criterion Edition and rather than handle it the correct way, they are blackmailing me.

Even if no one responds, I feel better having screamed. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
You sure it was Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and not "Fear and Lathering in Las Vegas"?

Couldn't resist...

The receipts sometimes list the shipping weight but I don't think the difference between shipping a DVD and Shower Gel would be conclusive unless we're talking about a 40gal barrel of shower gel versus 1 DVD.

Jay

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Make a webpage about this transaction. In the feedback box put the link there so you can explain how there's no possible way you shipped her SHOWRGEL instead of a DVD.

People never cease to amaze me on how stupid they can be. No one's gonna buy that.

edit- this reminds me.. I have to leave my first negative feedback to a deadbeat seller who never sent my HALO PC game, and gave no response after 7 emails and a phone call. I did nothing wrong but who's betting my 100% rating won't be perfect anymore. :angry:

David-S

Second Unit
Scott L-

That's the one thing I hate about Ebay's feedback mechanism... I wish they could hide the feedback until both parties give it or something, as I always fear sommeone getting "retribution" by killing my 100%...:thumbsdown:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ask them to describe the hair gell in detail...After you get the email, insist you really did send the DVD. If they still complain, then ask that they send the hair gell back to you.

It's a long shot, but maybe they will lie about it's exact description and when they send you back the gell, if it's not exactly the same as the description in the email, you can nail them that way.

Just a thought.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I agree with Aurel...take the hit and hold firm if you're sure you're right.

If you get a neg, give a reponse to it by simply stating "buyer claims I sent shower gel, not DVD".

The claim from your buyer sounds so ridiculous and absurd, I strongly doubt anyone viewing your feedback would take it seriously.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would insist I did not send shower gel and then have her send it back to me if she really wants to push it. Not make any guarantees of refund though; say I'll look at it and make a determination. I'd be willing to get one negative feedback to see what lengths she would go. Would she go out and buy a bottle of shower gel, wrap it up and send it back to you? Or grab something from her shower? I like the Web page idea detailing the history.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
That's the one thing I hate about Ebay's feedback mechanism... I wish they could hide the feedback until both parties give it or something, as I always fear sommeone getting "retribution" by killing my 100%...
I never leave feedback first for this very reason :)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
. I did nothing wrong but who's betting my 100% rating won't be perfect anymore.
It will be if you do the negative feedback correctly. The only way to avoid retaliatory feedback from a deadbeat bidder/seller is to leave it on the 90th and final day possible.

:D

Chris

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Might it be possible that someone along the way opened the package and substituted shower gel for the dvd? Some larcenous postal worker with a "sense of humor"? Doesn't seem likely, but ask if the package appears to have been opened and resealed.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Chris, lol I was planning on doing that on a previous transaction but I just forgot about it as the days go by. Not something I try to dwell on, just more of a nuisance.

Anyway it turns out I COULDN'T give the guy negative feedback. I thought I was an experienced safe net-consumer but I missed 2 tell-tale signs this guy was a deadbeat:

1) He wasn't a registered user AND he had just changed his name (though he did have 123 positive feedback w/99.2%)
2) On Paypal his account was UNVERIFIED

Something to look out for in the future, 1 or especially a combination of these and I'll stay far away. Better safe than sorry. The guy sold 10 of these games among other items he sold at all the same time, I bet he pulled in over a grand combined.

edit- ahh Jason I really don't wanna hijack your thread. It's just these eBay threads get a lot of traffic from fellow members. I always like reading the tips & experiences from others.. hope my post helps someone else out..

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
So here I am in the shower, my hair all moistened and ready for the lather...I open my newly-arrived postal package and....WTF??? It's a DVD! Man, was I pissed! Now I've got to deal with all these split ends and flyaway hairs.:angry:

Jon

Vincent_S

Second Unit
quote:
So here I am in the shower, my hair all moistened and ready for the lather...I open my newly-arrived postal package and....WTF??? It's a DVD! Man, was I pissed! Now I've got to deal with all these split ends and flyaway hairs.

:emoji_thumbsup: Nice parody :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks