Some upcoming Universal R2 titles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjorn Olav Nyberg, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

According to Norwegian DVD Site www.dvdforeningen.no the following titles will be released with a low price on February 13th. I don't know if this info is valid outside Norway, but I believe it is. I am printing this for two reasons, one, because there seems to be some R2 exclusives here, and two, because they specifically said Universal, not Egmont who distributed earlier. This should be another sign that the Universal-Columbia distribution deal is over.
    Fear, Biloxi Blues, Lorenzo's Oil, Sgt. Bilko, The People Under The Stairs, Airport, King Ralph, Smokey and the Bandit, Billy Madison, Brewster's Millions, Døde menn kler ikke ruter (Dead men don't wear plaid), Silent Running, Serpent and the Rainbow, Night Hawk, Mallrats, Fletch, The Hard Way, Electric Horseman og Et rop om frihet (Cry freedom).
    Since these have cheaper prices than regular DVD prices, they mostly seem to be without any extra material. As for OAR, the details are a little sketchy, but I didn't notice anyone that said specifically 1.33:1 either. Also I found it interesting that a few of the original Image licencees where included. Hopefully they will also be released by Universal as Special editions one day in R1.
    Also, on September 11th
    Andromeda Strain, Babe, Backdraft, Coogan´s Bluff, Daylight, Earthquake, EdTV, Fahrenheit 451, How To Make An American Quilt, Into The Night, King of the Hill, Psycho 98, Raising Cain, Reality Bites, River Wild, To Wong Foo Twins, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Videodrome, Waterworld, For Whom The Bells Toll and Great Waldo Pepper
    A few of the titles in this batch has already been released in R2 as well, but of course, those were released by Egmont. Particularly looking forward to the Eastwood movies!

2. Chad B.

Chad B. Second Unit

King Of The Hill, movie or TV series?

3. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

King of the Hill, the TV series, is owned by FOX, so the reference here is to the movie. All of the titles noted for release in Norway in February were recently released in Australia. They are all widescreen, although some are not anamorphic. They retail for $A20 (around $US10) each.

4. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info Julian. It is probably safe to assume they will have the same specifications in R2. A little disappointing to hear some aren't anamorphic, but at least they are in widescreen. It also seems the price will be slightly higher in Norway compared to Australia, but I wouldn't expect anything else by now. [​IMG]