Some upcoming Anchor Bay Horror discs...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett C, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Here's some cool info on some of their upcoming discs....
    NEAR DARK.
    The immortal classic comes to DVD in a THX Approved 2-Disc Set. Widescreen (16x9), DTS 5.1 & Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. Includes Audio Commentary from Director Kathryn Bigelow, an all-new 47 minute featurette containing new cast & crew interviews including Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, Adrian Pasdar and others!, a Rare Deleted Scene with Commentary by Kathryn Bigelow, Theatrical Trailers, Original Storyboard Gallery, Poster & Still Gallery, Behind-The-Scenes Still Gallery, Original Screenplay (DVD-ROM) and more! Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.
    SOCIETY
    The slime-slurping classic from the producer of RE-ANIMATOR. Uncut for the first time in North America. Widescreen (16x9), Theatrical Trailer, and Audio Commentary with Director Brian Yuzna. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.
    SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION
    From director Tobe Hooper and starring Brad Dourif and Melinda Dillon comes this tale of science gone wrong, and one man's quest to quell the fires brewing within. Widescreen (16x9), Theatrical Trailer. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.
    TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER - Hammer Collection
    Satanists want the soul of an innocent young girl in this Hammer thriller starring Christopher Lee and Richard Widmark. Widescreen (16x9). Contains new interviews with Stars Christopher Lee, Honor Blackman and Anthony Valentine, Director Peter Sykes, Writers Christopher Wicking,, Producer Roy Skeggs and others. Theatrical Trailer.
    HIGHLIGHTS COMING UP IN 2003
    Berserker - The Nordic Curse
    Beyond Therapy
    Bliss
    Checking Out
    Cold Dog Soup
    Crime Story - The Complete Series
    Dark Eyes Of London
    Dead Of Night (1945) Dead-End Drive-In
    The Emmanuelle Collection
    Escape 2000
    Five Wives, Three Secretaries & Me
    The Incredible Hulk Returns
    Man Facing Southeast
    Mirror Mirror IV
    Night Patrol The Peter Sellers Collection
    The Pit
    The Prey
    Powwow Highway
    Queen Of Spades
    Road Games
    Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2
    Trial Of The Incredible Hulk
    AND...
    DAWN OF THE DEAD - Summer 2003
    George Romero's masterpiece is coming back to DVD in a big way. Featuring newly re-mastered widescreen transfers (16x9 enhanced), new DTS & Dolby EX Surround Sound, all-new cast & crew interviews, all-new audio commentary tracks, trailers, poster & still galleries and more! Available separately will be the original Theatrical Version and the Extended (Director's Cut) Version. Also available will be a special multi-disc box set including an exclusive presentation of the ZOMBI version of the film from Europe. Expect more announcements in the coming months, and please note all features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.
    DAY OF THE DEAD - Summer 2003
    The third film in George Romero's Living Dead saga is getting the special edition treatment with all-new special features including interviews, audio commentary, and behind-the-scenes footage. Expect more announcements in the coming months, all please note and features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned For The Hearing Impaired.
    [​IMG]

2. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Well, that Dawn of the Dead multi disc box set is mine. I'd kill to have it today. I also can't wait for the Day of the Dead SE.

3. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Near Dark and the Dead discs will be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine.

4. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

Society, is that the one with upper class people being another species or something? If so, it's mine!

--Anders

5. JavierS

JavierS Stunt Coordinator

uh yeah Society is about upper class people who like merge with each other or something, really bizzare, I think there was a social undertone there somewhere, I was just kind of shocked when I first saw it.

Great list but STILL no "Dolls" "Monster Squad" "Waxwork" or "Waxwork 2" oh well, I guess 2004 :b

6. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Near Dark is well overdue. It's good to see that it'll have a disk that justifies the wait, and is suitable packed for a film as worthy as this one.
    Also, having never owned Dawn of the Dead, this one'll so be on my shelf on street week. I thought Day of the Dead was a terrible film, so I'll be passing on that one.

7. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit

Near Dark! Society! DAWN OF THE DEAD multi-disc edition! And maybe even Day Of The Dead!
    [​IMG] Best news so far this summer. Bring it on!

8. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Ive never heard of any of those films except for the 'Dead' films. I have the US theatrical cut on DVD and the presentation is non-anamorphic 1.66:1 with very few supplements. It is a great movie, but it does deserve a new release. That 3 disc set will be mine when it comes out.

9. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Credit should be given where credit is due...
    This info was lifted directly from Anchor Bay's Website specifically here

10. Michael_Y

Michael_Y Extra

Speaking of upcoming Anchor Bay horror titles, anyone with a solid interest in european horror and particularly the Dracula films/literature, please be sure to check out Werner Herzog's german remake of Nosferatu. It's coming on 7/9, featuring both the german and english language versions plus a couple of (hopefully) interest extras. The transfer is brand new too, which is good news considering the extremely lacking presentation found on the previous release.

Looks like I'll have to upgrade yet again my copy of Halloween, especially in case the 25th Anniversary edition lives up to its name. Sigh...

11. jonathanR

jonathanR Stunt Coordinator

How about "From Beyond"..........H.P. Lovecraft's gory film.......from during the late 80's? Only see it on vhs still. [​IMG]
    john

12. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

SOCIETY is a HUGE favorite of mine, and it is my most anticipated DVD of the whole year (and there are a lot of great horrors hitting DVD this year)! I can't wait till I finally have it in my player spinning in all its perfection!

NEAR DARK is my next most anticipated, and it is probably my favorite vampire film! I will undoubtedly be getting the LE!

13. Todd_Brown

Todd_Brown Second Unit

14. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

How come they got the rights to Silent Night Deadly Night 2 but not the original? (More than half the sequel is taken up by flashbacks to the first movie, a complete waste of time unless you're an absolute fan of the movie.) If they had any sense of humor they could include the TV ads that scarred some kids for life too!

15. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Anybody interested in DAWN OF THE DEAD directors Cut DVD? Should I put it on Ebay for big bucks while I still can? I seen to recall this title going for $100-ish a while back.

The announcement of these titles make me poo! I will certainly be getting the Dead films, Near Dark, and Dead of Night.

16. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Society. How cool! I just might pick this up. I recall renting this many years ago and my roommate wandered in shortly after it started. He sat there and watched the entire thing with me and when it was over got up and said deadpan "That was one weird ass movie, Paul." [​IMG]
    -paul

17. David Lawrence

David Lawrence Stunt Coordinator

Excellent news regarding Crime Story; I've wanted to see this show for quite some time.

18. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom
    Crime Story? CRIME STORY??!!!???
    WAAAAHHHOOOOOOO!!!!
    Crime Story is one of the GREAT series of the 1980s and one of the greatest TV series of all time. Brilliant performances by Dennis Farina, Anthony Dennison, Ted Levine, Stephen Lang, (the bizarre) John Santucci, and many others.
    Crime Story episodes were also among the first places we saw folks like Julia Roberts, Gary Sinise (who also directed an episode or two), Kevin Spacey, Andrew "Dice" Clay," Laura San Giacomo and David Caruso. Plus, they featured the wonderful (and hot) Pam Grier in several episodes.

19. Tanner

Tanner Stunt Coordinator

20. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton