What's new

Some THX info regarding wire (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I sent an email over to the THX people looking for clarification as to what are the criteria that would make wire or cable certifiable. This was the response.
...thanks for asking.
We specify all of the relevant performance parameters for each type of cable we certify. However, we do not publish the details because that's what our licensees pay for. As for cables our only goal is a cable that does not alter the sound. It shouldn't make the sound worse and can't make it better in an objective way. Different yes, better no.
If you are considering designing a line of cables and interconnects and would like to become a licensee you should contact our Home THX sales director, Mark Paddack at [email protected]
Best regards,
John B. Dahl
Corporate Brand Manager
THX Ltd.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 9:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: THX.COM - Suggestion Box
THX.COM - Suggestion Box
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject:
THX Home
Subject Other:
Message Type:
I LIKE IT!
Comments:
as a consumer, what are the criteria for things like video cables, audio interconnects, toslink, speaker cables? Are there values such as resistance, capacitance, etc. that are appropriate to the respective cable? If so how can I find out about them?
Name:
E-mail:
Phone:
Fax:
Well I'm not sure what to make of this other than if you cut them a check and the wire's not too piss-poor, it'll proudly carry the THX logo...Should've asked how much licencing the logo was and all that.

PatrickLG

Agent
THX was spun-off from Lucas. Tomlinson Holman is no longer associatted with either. Its about the $$$ now!!!

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
from what i heard, the big thing with THX wires is that they are "fool proof" to install. Basically all the wires are color coded and or designed so even the idiot's idiot could plug it in. Again all for the $$$

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
from what i heard, the big thing with THX wires is that they are "fool proof" to install. Basically all the wires are color coded and or designed so even the idiot's idiot could plug it in. Again all for the $$$
i'm not defending thx here, but whats wrong with making wires 'foolproof' to install? i'm sure they overcharge for their certification, i'm sure it isnt worth it, but theres nothing written that says wires that are complicated to install are going to perform better. the only thing advantage they have is that the installer knows he isnt a total moron when it comes to hooking everything up. anything apart from that is convenience, and i'm all for it.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks