What's new

Some thoughts about the Philips Q35 Dvd player. (1 Viewer)

Jerry_S

Auditioning
I recently purchased a Philips Q35 Dvd player from Target on sale for $179. I recently took devlivery of a 53" Panasonic from One Call and wanted a progressive scan player to go with it. I was thinking that the Q35 might have the Foujda like the Q50. I sent an email to Philips and after about a week I actually got a response.
Here is what they said,
Thank you for your e-mail requesting information on our DVDQ35 unit.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
The DVDQ35 as well as Q50 uses a line doubling Faroudja chip that gives better picture quality.
If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us at our web site which is Link Removed
Thank you
Sincerely
Edward Okeke
PhilipsUsa Customer Support
So... Not actually trusting them, I opened the unit up to see if I actually saw the de-interlacing chip. I don't know a whole lot about what this chip is supposed to look like. I could not find any chip with the Faroudja name on it. I did find one called an ESS Video Drive EF602EF.
I have some pics of the inside as well as a pdf version of the fact sheet if anyone wants it, let me know
The player is going back anyway(it does not play Yes - Live at the House of Blues DVD and it should), but I thought I would post what I found about it. I am planning on getting a RP82 from One Call later this week.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Can anyone confirm this? I've compared this player (my main unit for a few months now) with some highly regarded players and it's hung really well. I just don't have some sort of wacky torx tool to undo the screws! LOL!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks