What's new

Some speaker settings help please..... (1 Viewer)

Elliot.Lazarus

Auditioning
Real Name
Elliot Lazarus
I just set up my new Denon 3806 and I am using Klipsch speakers (Front left and right, Center and SW)

Unfortunately the Front left is closer to the Center than I would like and therefor the right is further away.

1) Does a Center speaker need to be set louder +db instead of minus than the others?

2) Do I need to compensate on the left near the Center speaker over the right? Left and Right are equidistant from listening area.

Thank you very much

Elliot

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Because a 5.1 speaker system has many more speaker interactions than simple stereo, they have a system to calibrate exactly what levels the speakers should be at. It involves test tones from the receiver or calibration disk and an SPL meter, typically from Radio Shack. Check in the Primer under "Calibration" for details. Note: Estimating just does not cut it. In order to optimize your system for clear output, calibration is a necessity.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Just curious as to why you haven't just run the setup routine built into the receiver?. It might not give you the best of all possible results but it will get things pretty close.

Mort

Elliot.Lazarus

Auditioning
Real Name
Elliot Lazarus
The installer had everything set a 0db and the Center RC-7 at -1.5db and to me it was off.....

If anything the Center should have been +1.5db......

I was just wondering if there was any rule of thumb for the DB setting of the Center vs. the R/L and also the +/- of the Subwoof

Regards

Elliot

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks