What's new

Some Simpsons & Ocean's 11 (2002) Specs (1 Viewer)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
This according to Corona's Coming Attractions
Simpsons Season 2:
Commentary for each episode
Interview with Matt Groening (11 minutes)
2 video clips
A documentary on the creation of an episode (7 minutes)
A report on the Emmy Awards (3 minutes)
Commercials of the DVD
5 others foreign commercials of the DVD
A photo gallery
Some easter eggs
Ocean's 11:
Commentary by director Steven Soderbergh and cast members
Behind-the-scenes featurette
"Are You In or Out?" HBO Special
"The Cook of a Con" Featurette
Trailers
DVD ROM Content

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mark, that's the same thing they did for season 1. I believe that's the plan for all of the seasons, as they're released.

Craig_T

Second Unit
The Simpsons sounds good but are they EVER going to release this damn thing? The last season came out like 5 months ago now and there is STILL no official announcement about this anywhere.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
The Simpsons sounds good but are they EVER going to release this damn thing? The last season came out like 5 months ago now and there is STILL no official announcement about this anywhere.
I think the plan is a new set every six months. (?) The last i heard this was coming in May.

Joel C

Screenwriter
2 a year? It's going to take 10 years to release them all by the time the show finally stops making new episodes! I think they've already signed for season 14!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Well that's the rate they're going for on Buffy it seems and it really pisses me off. However it seems to be run on a 5 months/8 months periodic cycle for some reason.
Just release them and we will buy, is what I say!:D

Matthew_S

Second Unit
2 a year? It's going to take 10 years to release them all by the time the show finally stops making new episodes! I think they've already signed for season 14!
I know. I feel the same way but I think the wisdom is that people have so many choices and only so much money to spend that they need to space them out. I think if they keep the price down (like the season 1 set) they could release 3 or 4 a year.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Wasn't season two of the Simpsons the one that had the two music videos (Bartman and Deep Deep Trouble)? Won't they be on the DVD set?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I think you're right about the music videos, Carl. I was going to post the same thing. I hope they're there!

Well that's the rate they're going for on Buffy
Peter Staddon did recently say in a BBC interview regarding Buffy that they were hoping to get them out faster. I believe we may have Buffy season 3 come the end of the year. If 2 is due in May/June then Fox have six months to prep 3, and the extras are already done since the R2 set is out there. I think Buffy will come at a steady flow, this year at least.

I truly wish Simpsons was three a year...heck, four a year and I'd buy em. To deem my love for the show as obsession would be an understatement, I'd buy every season were they released tomorrow!

Dan (UK)

Joel C

Screenwriter
If you can do the Bart you're bad like Michael Jackson!

I wouldn't mind the Jackson video either, which featured, I believe, Black or White? I don't remember exactly.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'm thinking (hoping) those "2 video clips" are actually the music videos. That spec listing is for the R2 version (probably identical to the R1), and was taken off of a French site, so I'm hoping "2 music videos" became "2 video clips" in the translation. Seems logical to me. What else could the clips be?
EDIT: Just found this posted over at DVDTimes:
The Simpsons: Season 2 will be a 4-disc box set, presented in 4:3 Aspect Ratio with remixed English DD5.1 Audio, and English and French DD2.0 Audio tracks. Extras include Audio Commentary for all 22-episodes, an interview with James L. Brooks and Matt Groening, 'Do the Bartman' Music Video with optional Commentary, an interview with David Silverman regarding the creation of an episode, 'Emmy Awards Presentation' featurette, three 'Butterfinger Commercials', clips of The Simpsons in various languages, and an image gallery.
It's a UK site, but specifically mentions the specs as the R1 release (5/21/02 release).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks