1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

some questions..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Garrett, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Cameron Garrett

Cameron Garrett Auditioning

Hi,

Right now I'm currently looking to upgrade my system. The problem is I don't know what to upgrade. Currently im using B&W DM 303 speakers with a Yamaha HTR 5440 receiver, and the sony sawm40 sub.

1st choice:
    Upgrade to Axiom M22ti mains. But would it be a significant upgrade over the 303?

2nd choice:
    Instead of upgrading my mains, should I upgrade my sub and get an SVS 25-31PCI?

Third choice: Right now I don't have a cd player. I'm wondering if maybe I should save the sub/speaker upgrades for later and buy a decent cd player first?

Thanks
    -Cameron

2. Jim Hubbard

Jim Hubbard Auditioning

I own axiom speakers and they are outstanding. However, I would say you are more in need of a decent subwoofer or a DVD/CD player. Also, from everything I have heard, the B&W 303s are fine speakers.

First, spend $200 to get a Panasonic RP56 DVD/CD player. (This is if you are also using TV, if not, maybe someone will let you know of a good CD only player).

Upgrade the sub next to a PCi 25-31 or 20-39 next.

Good Luck!

3. Cameron Garrett

Cameron Garrett Auditioning