What's new

Some questions on the Denon 1803 and Sony 1ES (1 Viewer)

Nick L

Second Unit
A friend of mine is trying to decide between these two recievers. He bought the 1ES, but wants to be sure he made the right choice. Are there any compelling reasons to choose one over the other? After reading through the manual and comparing them more closely he has discovered that the sony only has matrixed 6.1 and the denon has true 6.1. Also the denon has a zone 2. Are there any other reasons to buy one over the other. and please hard facts...not denon is just better than sony or vise versa.

Thanks for the help

Nick

one more thing. Does the Denon do video switching? RCA to S video is what I'm looking for.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Nick- Like all products within any price range, there will be a difference in the features offered. The Sony has extensive bass mgt. and some handy equilization that the Denon lacks. If your friend is interested in the discreet 6th channel, he probably should have bought the Denon. As for the RCA to component upconversion, this feature should be considered a convience as no true upgrade to component output is possible. Sorry but I don't know which (if any) offer this feature. Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks