Some questions about Brickwall products...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Jan 1, 2002.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

I have been doing a lot of looking into surge protectors and I think I have settled on getting one from Brickwall.com. From what I can tell, they seem to be about the best performer in the $200ish price range.

My question is has anybody had any experience with this product and what are your opinions?

Also which product would you recommend, the PW8R15AUD (which has 8 outlets) or the 2RAUD (which has 2 outlets). I was planning on just plugging my current surge protector (Belkin Surge Master II) into it, so I thought the PW8R15AUD might be overkill. Can anybody give me some advice on this? Thanks!

James

2. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Paul...

Thanks for the reply! The reason I would plug the Belkin into the Brickwall is so I could have more outlets if I got the 2 outlet version Brickwall. I assume you are happy with these products?

james

3. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

By coincidence, I've been reading up on these things and am convinced I don't want an MOV-based unit either. I'm about ready to order a Brick Wall. Now for the more subjective decision, I'll take more time to select a line conditioner IF I do decide to buy one. I don't like the vague, flowery, "golden ears" type of comments on some of the manufactureres (esp the very expensive ones) web sites regarding what their products will do for your sound and picture. They remind me of the botique cable companies' claims.