Some problems with a new TV.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Calamachino, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Calamachino

Calamachino Auditioning

I have a Sony Wega 32 in. (KV-32FS13) bought it a couple months ago, but already there are some noticeable problems.
    1. When the screen goes black during a movie or game, there is a bright red glow coming out from the upper left hand corner. It used to come out from the right hand corner, until I moved the TV into another room. No idea why it changed.
    2. There seems to be a bump in the tube. For example, when an object is scrolling across the screen, the object changes shape as it passes that area of the screen.
    Anyone ever have these problems? I have a 2 year warranty from Frys, but I really don't want to carry that heavy TV back there. [​IMG] Just hoping these things can be fixed though some options. Any help at all would be great!
    THANKS.

2. Hugo

Hugo Stunt Coordinator

Hi Calamachino,

1. If the red glowing moves from the right hand corner to the upper left corner, you might have some interference near your TV, like a speaker without magnetic shield. If that's not the case, you have some convergence problem.

2. This could be a geometry problem. But then again, it could also be an interference from a speaker.

You could try to go into service menu and try to fix these problems, but I would suggest just going to fry's electronics and exchange it. In the long run that would be easier to do, and more guaranteed. Hope that helps.

Hugo

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I think that's correct: What Calamachino describes sounds exactly like magnetic interference. What kinds of speakers do you have? And, in the meantime, move them much farther away from your Sony.

4. Calamachino

Calamachino Auditioning

They are kinda old RCA speakers, came with an old receiver, they gotta be around 4-5 years old. If that's the case, can this cause permanent damage?

Thanks for the info guys! I'll move the speakers around and see what happens, might even be the cable box. If that doesn't work, I'll wait until a bit after Christmas and exchange it, to avoid the rush.