What's new

Some Post Upgrade Questions on the DA4ES (1 Viewer)

NickSP

Supporting Actor
For all those that have successfully upgraded their machines I have a question or two.
Does the upgrade remember the DPL/DTS mode setting i.e. DPL-II Music/Movies, etc.?
So if I am watching a DVD in DVD input on DTS Neo and was previously listening to a CD on the CD input in DPL-II Music, can I switch the receiver to CD and it will go to DPL-II music?
In that case, does it also remember what EQ settings I had for different inputs and what abput speaker settings?
I don't really care about the multi room feature so unless the upgrade can do even one of the above things I mentioned, I am staying put. Anyone have any answers?

C

Chris*Liberti

No it erases all of the settings. If you bought the receiver recently you may already have the upgrade. Mine came from the factory with the latest software and I have had mine for about 3 weeks.

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
HI,

I read it this way, Nick wants to know if does the upgrade allows for using dvd with a certain dsp mode, then switch to some other input, and a different decode (dsp)mode, and then switch back to the last used input via the selector now does it (the receiver) remember the decode used with this mode, ie Neo or whatever.

I think the answer is yes but i will check tonight and post later.

Alex

NickSP

Supporting Actor
I read it this way, Nick wants to know if does the upgrade allows for using dvd with a certain dsp mode, then switch to some other input, and a different decode (dsp)mode,...
Thanks Alex, if you could more specifically check for the DPL/DTS Neo settings that would be great as I know that the soundfield is memorized by the receiver if you set the "Soundfield link" to on.

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,

I just played with the 4ES and it seems to remember the decode mode. I selected Neo Cinema on one, the tuner,and Neo movie on cd, and cimena ex a on dvd, and when switching around it stayd on what was last selected...

I powered the unit on and off and it still remembers the decode mode.

FYI
Alex

(I would buy this unit all over again!! Smile!).

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
On another note, after the firmware upgrade I added the 6.1 (single rear) speaker attached to the left channel of the seventh amp out for the rear surround back, and have watched a few Discrete 6.1 movies and smile alot when the surround rear decode light comes on!!

It even sounds pretty darn good on DOLBY in matrix mode!! Watched a film called THE WATCHER, not a really great flick but the sound for DOLBY 5.1 in matrix 6.1 was astounding to me and my wife, who several times thought our neighbors were knocking on the side of our house!!

Later
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks