What's new

Some people... (1 Viewer)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
If you notice, all the people bidding are just shell accounts. This poor guy will never see his money.

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Yeah, I did not notice that until you mentioned it. Maybe this guy is just creating a bunch of accounts for himself and trying to make it look like a hot item.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Either he's doing that or there are a whole lot of stupid, rich people out there.
------------------
-J.Fo
"He represents all that is soulless and wrong... and you slept with him!"

Jason Handy

Second Unit
The whole concept of this makes me sick. I understand that we live in a free-market society that abides by the laws of supply and demand, but this and the whole PS2 fiasco last year is horrifying.
The worst part is, Microsoft learned from Sony's mistake, but it seems like some people are trying to artificially create demand for something. There are PLENTY of units to go around!
Pardon my rant. I will get off my soapbox now.
Jason

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Jason,
You are so right, there are more than enough units out there. I figured there would be, but I wanted to camp out in a line....why? for the fun of it, and I hated those four guys who were there to buy an Xbox to put it up on eBay. I hope they get burned by it, matter in fact anyone who ever buys a toy to use it to exploit children and their parents who will do anything for their kids deserve to rot in hell.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
kinda makes you want to buy an extra to sell for the same price you paid... no profit.. just outta the kindness of your heart...
------------------
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."
My DVD List

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There's not exactly more than enough available.
Sony had around 500k units at launch. MS has 400k (Gates confirmed it on TV earlier). GCN has 700k.
I would say there's enough of one console per person if only die hard gamers buy them, but thats it.

Jason Handy

Second Unit
There are conflicting reports of how many Xbox units were shipped. But as I recall, the PS2 problem was not so much with the number of units at launch, but their ability to keep up with demand. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that there was some problem at one of their manufacturing facilities last year. So for PS2, if you did not get one at launch you were pretty much screwed until the new year.
I don't believe MS has the same problem this year as Sony did last year - expect a steady stream of units through the holidays.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
True, but MS delayed the launch of the XB in order to allocate more units. You'd think that would mean at least the amount that Sony launched the PS2 with.
Then again, they already have over 11 million units around the world sold. They have caught up to the demand, so as of right now, there can be no comparison made between the two.

Scott FP

Agent
I ordered my Xbox on the 9th at Ebgames and it shipped on the 16th, should be here on the 20th.
Considering that I couldn't even preorder PS2 any where last year this is great. You have to figure that there is only so many gamers out there. PS2 absorbed a bunch of them last year. So while Xbox may have initially sold out of stores on the 15th I bet most people could pick one up soon in the next few shipments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks