Some new 3D pics for an MTM design

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geno, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

Just thought Id post this here to get a few comments on design and engineering of these speakers. Send me some Ideas, Ill try to make them in 3D. Forgive some of the texturing, I did all that in less than an hour.
    I used AUTOCAD 2002 and 3D MAX 3

http://geocities.com/frontend82/3dspeak.htm

IF it doesnt work, try to cut and paste

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Hey, wouldn't that be an MTMW design? Nice drawing btw.

If you want my constructive criticism. I think the components are too separated that the loudspeaker begins to look more like pieces of a puzzle, rather than a cohesive unit. I guess the speaker wire run through the hollow chrome tubes so that will work. The tweeter looks too high off the ground.

Is that birds eye maple? I love that wood but why is it so dark? It's definitly an eye catcher, I just don't see it popular among choosy audiences.

3. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

yes the above veneer is in birds eye maple but I changed the texture in the bottom pic to a quartered macore [i have just aquired 5o or so veneers that I need to scan for the owner and just showed 2 of them]. Also, in the lower pic, I have decreased the distance from the tweeter to the mid's by a few inches [and the bottom pic is a close up of 2 MTM's for a 5.1 setup while the two top pics are MTMW]. again, this is totally conceptual, If I was to build it for real, Id definately follow the specs. just thought this would be a change from the boxy MTM's weve all seen.

Thanks on the compliment though

4. Mike Keith

Mike Keith Second Unit

Very nice work, excellent drawing and very good design. Hope you plan to make the midrange enclosures adjustable so they can be moved closer to the tweeter if needed, also if your into the time alignment thing you might want to design some way to move the tweeter back relative to the midrange enclosures. Choosing the right drivers and using a good fully adjustable Active crossover should yield very good sonic results (with such a design) as well as being very pleasing to the technical eye, IMO.

Again very nice work and great looking design, I love anything that breaks the typical box design mold.

My DIY SST-8's

http://www.geocities.com/kingdaddyke...ype.html?10166