What's new

Some Moving questions concerning Dishnetwork... (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
We plan to move shortly so I have a few questions in regards to my Dish 500...
Thru Dish's moving program, I can leave my dish, take my receivers and Dish will install a new dish and set me up for Free. Any thoughts, seems simple enough?
BUT..
If we leave the two receivers (4722, 2700) we have, (IE: the complete system for the new owners) how do they activate the system for them in their name? Or, do I just take my cards out and they acquire access?
Also,
For a while, at least 12 mths, I will be sharing a large, double house, with my father. Since he will be a "new" user, we can get the current Dish promo of Two receivers, one being a PVR501 installed for free for new subscribers.
Each taking a receiver on their side. How good is the PVR501 just for the "VCR" type usage, IE: recording and playback, etc., and is it reliable?
Last Question
I read about people leasing equipment, I do not find any promos on the Dish website, is this thru other vendors or?
Thanks as Always!
popcorn.gif
patriot.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

CRyan

Screenwriter
You do NOT leave your equipment except for the dish. Actually, I used the DishMover program and still kept my original dish. I did this because I intend on leaving the dish where I am at now. Anyway, this worked out best for me because they were running a deal for FREE Dishmover if you signed a year contract. It was worth the second story install! :)
You should check and see if they still have a deal like this.
The ONLY way you can get the new subscriber deals is if your dad signs up for Dish and not you. So the bills would have to be in his name.
The PVR systems are great IMO.
C. Ryan
------------------
http://www.elitestoragedesigns.com/RyanOAR.bmp

Mike I

Supporting Actor
I am moving the end of OCT...I take my receivers with me and dish provides the new dishes and installation Free with a 1 year programming subscription.......
------------------

Adrian_N

Agent
I asked this question some time ago (I'm about to move), and was told there were no obligations. I thought that was strange. If a year's subscription is required, I would understand.
But the current DishMover program is advertised as ending Oct. 31. I'm expecting to move Nov./Dec. Does Dish have a history of extending this program? I suppose I'll have to sign up as a "new customer", if they get rid of that program.

Bob Jackson

Stunt Coordinator
According to a recent post on DBSForums ( http://www.dbsforums.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000702.html )you ned to sign up for AT150 for a year with AutoPay ($25 w/o AutoPay) and you get a new dish and 'standard' installation for up to two receivers.
If you want to leave the old receivers just call dish and tell them you sold them-other wise you could be liable for PPVs and such. The new owners will have to call Dish to get the units set up.
You can sign up for a new subscriber. In the past they just tracked name/address/phone number/credit card - though there are reports of them asking for SSN numbers. Your dad or wife should be eligle for new subscriver status.
The rental plan is called the Digtal Home Plan and run about $5/month more than if you owned the equipment, but no or little upfront costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks