What's new

Some More Grateful Dead Remasters (1 Viewer)

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
Some more of the Dead's remastered studio stuff representing much of their studio output in the 70s became available as individual discs yesterday. It had previously only been available in the box set, which I do not have.

I had been looking forward to these individual remasters as they represent more modern recordings than the previously released remasters and are also more complex musically, encompassing albums such as "Wake of the Flood", "From the Mars Hotel", "Blues for Allah", and "Terrapin Station".

I bought "Blues for Allah" (always my favorite studio album of their's) yesterday and am quite impressed with the job they did with it. The recording has always sounded very dull and flat (to me, anyway) and benefits considerably from the remastering.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I was perusing CD vendor sites earlier this week and came across this list of CDs on one of them (maybe CD Universe). Didn't realize these were fresh releases. Thanks for the heads up on the audio quality. Not a big Dead fan, but I may be inclined to purchase one or more.

Thanks.

Doug

ScottCHI

Screenwriter

yes

The are doing all these remasters. As I said, this remastered material was all included in the big box set a couple of years back, but I didn't want that packaging and waited diligently for these to be released individually.

The first batch of individual remastered releases of the older stuff came out a while back. These others were a while coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks