What's new

Some more Dutch DVD questions (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Can anyone tell me about the quality of the following Dutch releases? I can't find any reviews that are in English.
Murder On The Orient Express
Twilight Zone The Movie
I found this review of Orient Express but I can't read it and Alta Vista doesn't translate Dutch.
I'm mainly curious as to if they are anamorphic widescreen and if the Dutch subtitles are removable.
Thanks!
Jeff

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...well... actually the review you provided a link to is Norwegian, not Dutch... it says something about the movie being 1.66:1 letterbox, there's no mention of (16:9) enhancement... also, since this is a Norwegian review I would assume that the disc features Norwegian subtitles (besides the Dutch ones), in which case the subs would -necessarily- be optional...
...fwiw, the French DVD features an anamorphic 1.77:1 transfer and optional (French or Italian) subs...
. . .

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I've bought that Twilight Zone - The Movie. At least, that's what is says on the box. It also reads "The Final Tales From The Master Storyteller" under that title. So, actually, what you get is "Twilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost Classics". I was fairly disappointed about this. How they can get away with this, I don't know. I was kind of in a hurry, bought it at the Freerecord shop at the multiplex in antwerp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks