Some KV27FS13 Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Bennett, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

So after being robbed over my Christmas vacation, I got my check from my insurance company and replaced some of my stuff. I had a 20" Wega stolen so I opted to replace it with the 27" Non Wega Trinitron KV27S42. This set lacks a bunch of features my Wega had(like a tilt control) and since my screen is titled still even after being serviced I'm thinking of returning it and upgrading to the 27" Wega KV27FS13. I've read some reviews and some people talk about reliability issues while others talk about green hues or Pink lines as well as geometry problems. Is this an extremely common problem among these sets or is it a case of the problem sets being heard of more often than the working sets? Also, does anyone know if Sears still does internet price matching? I've found a place online that sells the FS13 for 471.95 and all the places around me sell it for about 550. Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Get the WEGA--it has too many features you need. As for all these reported color anomolies, I often think it's a case where someone has spent some cash for a TV he or she has been lusting after. When the owner opens the box and fires up the set, he or she starts over-scrutinizing. Then, when an anomoly is reported, it becomes a big issue. It gets reported here. And then we all start looking for things that, maybe, wouldn't bother us otherwise.

So, return your standard Sony, and get the better model.

3. Dave Bennett

Thanks. I was planning on picking it up anyway but I was still a bit hesitant. Hopefully mine will work nicely.Any ideas about Sears internet price matching?Do they still do it.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I think so, Dave. Seems I keep reading about it here.

5. Dave Bennett

Cool thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll swing by Sears and see what kind of deal I can work. Thanks again for the help.