What's new

Some interesting confirmations of FOX and MGM titles in R4 (1 Viewer)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
DVD Net (a fairly reputable on-line DVD site in Australia) has given details of a host of FOX (and MGM, which are distributed by FOX in Australia) titles for release in R4 during the first half of 2002.
The link is: http://www.dvd.net.au/goto.cgi?news.cgi?id=1578
Among the titles announced (and which have yet to appear in R1) are: Futurama Series 1 and 2; Rollerball SE; Strictly Ballroom SE (I don't know whether the upcoming R1 is an SE or not); The Adventures of Ford Fairlane; Speed SE; Speed 2 SE (that one is better forgotten); Dark Angel - Pilot (in preparation for the first series?); Hello Dolly; Great Escape SE (the original version released in R1 has already been released in R4, so this must be all new); The Pink Panther SE; Thelma & Louise SE (I think this has already been announced in R1, but is welcome in any event - the R4 transfer of the current version is a shocker); Predator SE (with DTS); A Monroe Box Set with 8 of her films (also available separately); Angel Season 2; Buffy Season 4; and Simpsons Season 2.
I also note that Columbia has announced a SE for Groundhog Day in R4 in January, with a documentary and audio commentary (see www.dvdbits.com for that press release). Knowing Columbia, this may be some time coming for R1 (a la Mask of Zorro and Glory SEs, which were released a year earlier in R4 than R1).
Other than TV shows, FOX and MGM are not known for releasing films exclusively in R4, so it's a pretty good bet that most of these films will make their way to R1 before they're released in R4 (R2 will also almost certainly get all these titles). I understand that there a syndication issues preventing the quick release of Futurama in the US, and I think Buffy Season 4 will be some way down the track for R1, but it is hopeful to see that R4 is finally coming into its own with decent release schedules (it only took 3 years!).
Cheers
[Edited last by Julian Lalor on October 13, 2001 at 06:54 PM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
THE GOOD SON IN APRIL !!!
I hope Region 1 gets THE GOOD SON soon
Any word on the region 1 release of The Good Son ?
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
The MGM representative who posts on this board confirmed an all-new The Great Escape Special Edition that is due in R1 in May 2002. Hope they finally get the aspect ratio right on this one and give it a brand-new anamorphic transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks