Some imput....whitch output?????????????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by emanuele, Jul 16, 2001.

1. emanuele

emanuele Auditioning

Hi!
    I have the following HT configuration: Onkyo 595, Panasonic RV60.
    The HT room is quite large (5x6 meters) and fortunately
    not perfectly rectangular.
    The main and surround speaker MUST be placed on the wall and the center over the TV.
    My budget for all the speaker (sub included) must be not over the 1500$.
    This are my input...On your opion,which speakers can I take in order to have the better sound (only for the HT)???
    Consider that I live in Italy and not all the speakers marks are available..
    Many thanks for all your advice!!!!!
    By!!!

2. emanuele

emanuele Auditioning

Sorry for the subject-error...

3. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

- You may want to check out the NHT Super 2 system - not too power hungre and, because they are floor standing, should give you great music and enough bass for your room. You should be able to find a good deal on them because the NHT SUPER Series is being replaced. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they are well built and attractive.
    Elbert
    ------------------

4. emanuele

emanuele Auditioning

Thank you...
    But I have to put the main and the surround ONLY on the wall..
    And for the music I intend to use my "old" stareo and use the HT only for the HT...
    By!!!!!

5. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

Oops -forgot about the wall. You can go with SUPER ONEs all the way around, then. The Super Twos are the same + a woofer mounted at the bass of the cabinet. The Super Ones are light enough and are pre-drilled for OMNI MOUNTS. I personally like using white ones on the walls (lower profile) and, mated with the NHT super sub (you can probably upgrade to their SUB ONE within your budget), you'll get fantastic bass for music as well as movies.
    Of course, this is what I would do if I were in your position, but then again, NHTs may not be as readily available and you may have other excellent options that I am not aware of.
    Elbert
    ------------------