What's new

Some HT pix are up: DIY projects-oak armrests, film reel tables (1 Viewer)

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
You are the man. Some nice work. A quick question, Did the tables effect you sound? I thought glass in front would be to refective? Man they look nice.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
David,
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I love what you did with the armrests. Do you plan on doing all of them in oak? I've decided to skip redoing the armrests and just cover the original plastic ones with a bit of foam and vinyl to make them soft. I am building stand alone cup holders made of 1/2" galvanized pipe and 3" dia. black PVC drain pipe, works great.
A quick suggestion. If possible try and reduce the size of your pics they are nearing 200,000 bytes. For guys like me still using dial-up, it takes a while to download.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
RonSig.jpg
The Green Room

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
David,
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Looks like things have been shaping up quite a bit since the last time I saw your HT. It's always great to see an HT at various stages of development.
Keep up the good work.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys for the kind comments. James, I can't really say that the tables affected the sound. The front mains are on stands positioned high enough to project out and not really that close to the tables. I will be listening more closely to see if they make a difference. I've only had them in the room for 3 days so far.
Ron: Yes, I do plan on converting all of the armrests sooner or later. Right now the isle ends are done. My wife wants me to do something a little fancier with the remaining armrests, like stripe the face of the oak with some walnut or mahogany. I can do that but it will take more time of course. I bet it would look nice though :) By the way, I checked out The Green Room. Very cool. I like your idea for the cupholders.
------------------

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Love it....
Where did you get the reels??
Brent L
------------------
Mar 1st....Toronto members interested in a possible tour of the Paradigm facility in Woodbridge please check the MEETS page......early June!!

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Brent, I work as an assistant cameraman on television sitcoms. Our film loader also works at Warner Bros. Studios and was able to snag 6 for me.
Dave
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks