What's new

Some help for speakers/sub for my new HT (1 Viewer)

Scott Ryan

Auditioning
Hello,

I am starting to finish off my lower level. I'm looking to move my HT down to it and build it in.

The room is 24 x 15 x 9. The floor is concrete with pad and carpet. The walls are 2x6 stud walls with two windows down one long wall, a door 2/3'rds of the way down the other long wall, and a door on the back wall. The front wall will have a fireplace in the center with custom cabinets/shelves on either side.

In the cabinets will by my current Integra DTR 9.1 with a new Sony DVD player, a VCR, and a HD satellite box.

I will be installing a 50" plasma display over the fireplace. For my side and rear surrounds I will be re-using my Def Tech BPX's that I already have.

I currently have Def Tech BP2000TL's for my mains and a CLR1000 for the center. We really don't want free standing main speakers in this room as we are looking for a clean look to the room.

Could you give me some ideas for a quality "in wall" speaker I could use for my mains. I would build them into the cabinets on either side of the fireplace. I'd also like a matching center channel. Looking to spend up to $2,500 retail on these three speakers.

As for the sub, I think we will end up with one free standing in the room. My wife likes a cube style like the Def Tech Super Cube 1, or the Sunfire. I like the SVS, she doesn't because of it's size. If I can talk her into it, could I get by with one SVS 20-39PC+ in a room this size? We don't crank the HT up to reference levels very often. We just want some great sound with tight clean bass.

Thanks for any replies.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I'd recommend an IB sub for this room (if you have an attic). It can get deep, clean, unobtrusive, and will match the theme of inwall speaker set you intend to move too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks