What's new

Some further information regarding the Outlaw 950 availability situation (1 Viewer)

W

Will

Next week there will be some more notices going out and some of those "early reservers" who were disappointed Friday night might feel a little better on Monday or Tuesday.

So far all notices we know about went out last Friday. RAF, any news on when more notices might be sent out?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I dunno if my spot would be considered early. I got confirmation at 7:32pm PST on Dec 13th. No email yet IF I was in the first batch.

GeorgeC

Agent
Bob-N

I should be close to you on the list. Looks like the Monday-Tuesday thing didn't happen. I guess we're back in limbo again. Am I wrong - did anybody get a letter yesterday or today? Any chance one might still come tonight (seems unlikely at this time)?

Sankar

Second Unit
By the way, does anybody have a sense of how many emails were sent out by Outlaw on Friday? The thread that is stuck at the top labelled *** Attention Outlaw 950 Pre-orderers: Please Post here (details within) ***, has only 13 posts. Even if only a third the people who got the email posted (and for some illogical reason I feel that the real fraction would be somewhat higher), that puts the number of emails at under 40.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I was thinking the same thing. If we're all hyped up on the 950, I would have expected more responses to the "I received the email" thread. 13? Makes me wonder how many emails were sent out on Friday which leads to the question of how many 950's were flown over for the first batch.

George, still nothing from Outlaw for my timeslot. It appears that no one has received the second batch of emails yet.

Jody C Robins

Stunt Coordinator
Bob and Sankar

This, from RAF's second post:

"As to the question of how many orders were received the first day, I was told that about 100 letters went out on The Ides of March and that this does not cover all the orders that were posted the first day."

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw a post on the Outlaw Saloon that at least one person just got a notification e-mail indicating that he'll be able to place his 950 order on 3/29. Sounds like the second batch of e-mails is starting to arrive...

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
An observation.
As much as we here like to think of the HTF as the center of the universe ;) we must realize that not everyone who orders from Outlaw checks in here (nor at the Outlaw Forum for that matter.) Therefore, don't read too much into the number of pre-orders posting here. I would guess that a large number of people don't frequent this forum and also that others choose not to post their information for a variety of reasons.
The letters are going out and apparently there has been more than one mailing.

brian a

Second Unit
Anyone here that reserved on the first day that hasn't received an order instruction e-mail?

Sankar

Second Unit
I doubt that very much. There have been emails received by some who had placed their reservations during the wee hours of the 14th (the second day). From this one can infer that all those who placed their reservations on the 13th have been contacted.

brian a

Second Unit
I just wanted to make sure that that inference was correct as far as the data avaliable on the HTF was concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks