What's new

Some Films the Bogart Collection (II) has got me interested in seeing (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'm a sucker for films with old planes. Dive Bomber and Captains of the Clouds looked really nice in the excerpts shown. I understand DB is available in R2, CotC maybe on VHS only. Do you think there's much demand for this type of vintage aerial war film, to the extent that these perhaps "not the best of the genre" could see R1 DVD releases? Maybe something like an "aerial patriots" (or whatever it takes) collection if WB has enough unreleased genre material.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Both of these Technicolor films will be released on dvd with the next Errol Flynn and the first James Cagney collections coming out in 2007.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks, I'm sure I'll read it here first when they come out!

Should have guessed by those IMO great looking clips that WB had something in the works...

Corey

Screenwriter

i was about to ask how do u know, but then i realized it was u so naturally i wouldn't question that. lol, sounds great

and i'm sure test pilot is going to be in that spencer tracy set.

Jefty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Fiore

more important, though, to a not-too-thrilled-by-airplanes type like myself is:
what else will be in those Flynn and Cagney boxes?

there's so much Cagney still out there, I can't even guess at what will be included, although, if it were up to me, I'd pick:
Strawberry Blonde, Torrid Zone, Blonde Crazy, Lady Killer, Jimmy the Gent and maybe The St. Louis Kid (although I imagine the early 30's stuff will lose out to the likes of The Fighting 69th and the aforementioned Captains of the Clouds...too bad!)

on the Flynn front, I'd go for:
Gentleman Jim (don't know how they failed to include this in the first set!), The Sisters, Santa Fe Trail, Virginia City, Edge of Darkness and, just for fun, Four's a Crowd

Corey

Screenwriter

well with gentleman jim, dive bomber, and captain of light brigade already being confirmed, i think the other 3 titles will be silver river, virginia city, and edge of darkness. as for the cagney set it should include lady killer, the strawberry blonde, blonde crazy, torrid zone, and the fighting 69th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MovieBill