Some extra info re.: Episode 1 DVD....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane Dodson, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Shane Dodson

Shane Dodson Stunt Coordinator

This hasn't been mentioned before, but I thought it was of some interest...
    Towards the end of the Deleted Scenes Documentary (which is great, BTW), we are treated to some extra shots from the "Great Duel" sequence that didn't make it into the final cut, as well some extra shots from the space battle--which includes a shot that appeared in the teaser trailer but not the final film.
    I also have to say that I thorougly appreciated the inclusion of the extra footage into the "Lap two" section of the Pod race. It helps to explain the logistics of how Anakin makes his way to third place, and it includes an extra crisis (his pod is damaged and spins out of control) that must be solved. There IS some additional footage in the "Lap two" section that can be seen in the deleted scenes section, of which involves some droids that are deployed to pick up pod racer debris, as well as a gag involving some Tusken Raiders and Jawas, which I thought was a hoot and should have been included in the DVD cut of the movie. Read the spoiler tag if you're interested as to what "gag" I'm talking about....
    Spoiler: The Tusken Raiders take pot-shots at the Jawas, who are scrummaging through the pod debris. Hilarious.
    Anyway, this extra footage in the Deleted Scenes Documentary is an extra treat for die-hard SW fans, and they help make this DVD a must-own for SW buffs.
    -S.D.
    [Edited last by Shane Dodson on October 06, 2001 at 04:03 PM]

2. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

Shane, I live in Norman. Did you get this at a local store? If so, would you mind telling me which one?
    I have to say, I wasn't a big fan of Ep. 1, but is a visual marvel and I'm looking forward to the DVD.
    Thanks
    Jim
    [​IMG]

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

4. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Adam, I should have requested a PM.
    thanks
    Jim
    [​IMG]

5. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I was just about to post about the extra scenes in the film. They actually added stuff in more places than just lap two of the race. There a lot of new stuff right before the race, MAY new shots through the entire race and some new shots when on Corusant (sp?). The new scenes are really cool and bring the entire film together a bit better.
    I must chime in to say that the audio and video on this are outstanding. My sub barely had any time to relax through the entire film.

6. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

I just think that the guy that lives in Oklahoma City and has Episode I a week and a half early should be kind enough to invite all of his fellow HTF'ers in and around the OKC metro area over to his place for a demo. My number's 773-0471. . . [​IMG]
    -mwb-
    ------------------
    Obi-Wan (to Anakin):
    Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?
    Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
    May 22, 2002

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

8. RonR

RonR Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Matt on this one, I have a 56 inch 16x9 that I would gladly open up for a few fellow HTF's one night this week....If I had the disk it'd be a done deal.