Some Comic Book Questions

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Ed Moroughan, May 5, 2003.

1. Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan Second Unit

Edward R. Moroughan
    Hey, I've been away from comics for about 4 years now and have recently got back into them. In the meantime though some key storylines from when I last read are still unanswered for me. If anyone has the answers to these questions please fill me in:

1)Who did "Bastion" of the Zero Tolerance X-Men story turn out to be? I remember a theory he was the lovechild of Machine Man and a Sentinel.
    2)Did Cable and Apocalypse have their brawl? Since Cable is still around I assume he won. True?
    3)Is Hal Jordan dead still? Please say yes!
    4)When Wally West joined the Speed Force I remember that a new Flash with a darker costume showed up. When he took off his mask to the JLA they were all immediately trusting him. Who was/is he, and is West back?
    5)The "Joseph" charecter from X-men that was supposed to be Magneto, but wasn't turned out to be whom?
    6)Who was the other villain that was after Iron Man? I know the Mandarin was behind some but who was doing the rest?
    7)Did Dr. Doom return? I hope so.
    8)Did they really return to the "Heroes Reborn" universe for a story? What was the gist of it?
    9)Who/what did the baby in Kevin Smith's Daredevil run turn out to be?
    10)Logan's real name isn't Logan? WTF!

That's all I got off the top of my head now. Might have more soon.

2. JamieD

JamieD Supporting Actor

With potential spoilers of course.

1)Who did "Bastion" of the Zero Tolerance X-Men story turn out to be? I remember a theory he was the lovechild of Machine Man and a Sentinel.

Hmm.. not that I recall.. no real explanation other than an android of some kind.

2)Did Cable and Apocalypse have their brawl? Since Cable is still around I assume he won. True?

Actually Cable lost his fight with Apocalypse, and then in the mess that was "The Twelve" Cyclops and Apoc merged, forming a creature which was later defeated by Phoenix and Cable.

3)Is Hal Jordan dead still? Please say yes!

Sorta. He's the Spectre. Dead, but active! [​IMG]

4)When Wally West joined the Speed Force I remember that a new Flash with a darker costume showed up. When he took off his mask to the JLA they were all immediately trusting him. Who was/is he, and is West back?

If I recall right, it was Wally, coming back to prevent a horrible tragedy..I think. And yeah, Wally's back.

The Dark Flash! Here you go!

5)The "Joseph" charecter from X-men that was supposed to be Magneto, but wasn't turned out to be whom?

He's a clone of Magneto, created by Astra, who was bitter over being rejected by Magneto. The difference is that he never developed the "checks" often referred to when discussing Xavier or Magneto so they don't burn out. Hence, Joseph pretty much was burnt out, then joined the earth's magnetic sphere to save it after its disruptance by Magneto/Astra/Himself.. seriously. [​IMG]

6)Who was the other villain that was after Iron Man? I know the Mandarin was behind some but who was doing the rest?

No idea.

7)Did Dr. Doom return? I hope so.

Ditto. But as far as I know, yep..

8)Did they really return to the "Heroes Reborn" universe for a story? What was the gist of it?

More ditto.

9)Who/what did the baby in Kevin Smith's Daredevil run turn out to be?

More ditto...though I could have sworn someone told me it was Elektra's..

10)Logan's real name isn't Logan? WTF!

Oy.. well, long story.. but essentially, nope. His name is James. Though it sure looks like Logan was his Daddy's name. [​IMG]

3. Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan Second Unit

Edward R. Moroughan
    They made Hal the Spectre? Wasn't he psychotic over Cyborg destroying that city? Hmm...weird. Kyle Rayner is still GL right? I haven't read that lately so I don't know. So is Cyclops dead? Apoc? I just remembered some more:

11)Before Zero Tolerance some government guy was murdered by a bolt of energy. I forgot the guys name but at the time I thought of the old rule "not dead unless you see a body." Was his killer ever revealed?
    12)I remember hearing sometime that Ben Reilly might return. I saw him die dammit!!
    13)Big question: I need an abridged version of the Superman Blue/Red electro crapfest. How/why/over?
    14)At the time I remember they revealed some of Gambit's past...something about a vile of something. Any more info?
    15)And my final question other than follow ups to answers...Why did Frank Miller feel complelled to write a sequel to The Dark Knight Returns? Sell-Out!! [​IMG]

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

5. Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan Second Unit

Edward R. Moroughan
    Thanks Jason and Jamie. Much obliged [​IMG]