What's new

Some big news and rumors on The Police (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I guess I need you to help me get tickets then. ;) I think I wasn't on the ball for the online ticket sales.

I still miss the days when sleeping out for tickets would guarantee you good seats.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It gets worse. . .I just discovered that TB actually runs ticket *auctions* on their site. The minimum bid for Rush seats is $90/ ticket! Then, of course, they tack "processing" and "delivery" fees on top of the winning amount.

Good grief.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

I said this a number of posts back. I still don't know how it's legal for them to do this?

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Yes, the whole ticket thing is way out of wack. It like everyone in the promotion arena is in bed some sort of way or the other, too many tickets go out the window too damn fast to be sold thru the call in/online/walkup way, scalpers must get the majority of the primo seats. Lords know I have been forced to pay too...:eek: The other thing that gets me is putting the tickets on sale on a friday!! How many of us are home and by a phone so we can call in/log in/walk in to buy tickets! Scalpers advantage there too, IMHO.

I want police tickets for my area's show, but sorry to say, the normal price is $50,$90, or $200 ea and the scalpers are much higher than that, looks like I will not be going. And its not that I cant afford them, its just extortion.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I still don't know how it's legal for them to do this?

Can you explain why you think it wouldn't be legal for them to charge whatever they want?

A better question would be- why is it illegal in many areas for a fan to resell a real ticket for whatever price he wants to?

I don't like Ticketbastard any more than anyone else, but how can you blame a company for trying to charge as much as people will pay?

I think they would do better if they worked a deal to just build their surcharge into the ticket price, to keep people from realizing how high it is. For example I recently passed on a show that had $55 tickets plus a $12 surcharge. If it had just been stated as $67 I might have bought, but when I see the $12 listed separately like that, I look at it differently, even though I realize it is the same total price.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Still no Atlanta date although there was a tease on a local AM Sports Radio station a few weeks back indicating otherwise.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I think you already answered that question. :)

TB is essentially a monopoly. On top of that, as you mentioned, if you or I tried to auction a ticket the way TB does, in many places we could be arrested.

I wonder if some congressperson might glom onto this issue at some point. :)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Exactly Aaron.

I wish some consumer protection group would take up the cause. Pearl Jam tried but I think this needs someone more respectable than long haired rockers. ;)

I had always thought that tickets couldn't be sold at more than x above their face value. At least that's what it says on the back of them. Ticketbastard and other brokers have basically taken the place of the illegal scalper on the street and some how made it legal.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Surprised this thread died: Anyway I just saw the POLICE last Saturday night, stage was simple yet hi tech and the show was outstanding, they sound better today then back in the day, really good, IMHO
The POLICE still rock!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Wow, I had somewhat of the opposite experience at Bonnaroo. Don't get me wrong, it was good to see them and some songs sounded good, but they just seemed, I don't know, off or maybe somewhat rusty. Not only that, but with a 2.5 hour timeslot, they left the stage an hour early. It really pissed us off. So much in fact that when the announced the ATL show, I was debating going and when I checked for tickets, all they had were total nosebleeds for $55 a piece. No thanks, I'll pass and I LOVE the Police.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I was able to get good seats for the upcoming Louisville show and I'm looking forward to it since it seems every other big artist is overseas right now.

Does anyone know what time The Police are getting on stage (I'm not interested in the opening act) and how long they are playing?

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd

Funny you asked, our tickets said show started @ 8pm, so we arrived aorund 7:40pm only to find the house lights off and someone playing, an opening act ....in fact, it may have been "fiction plain", he sounded a LOT like Sting...was that him?

Has for the Bonnaroo thing, dunno, maybe they figured it was not their "dog and pony show" so why overdue it or maybe they were just wore down? And my ticket price was a whopping $92 each face for 20 rows from the floor, not proud to say I paid $20 ea over face but I figured it was a once and a life time show. What was also cool was to see everyone singing along to EVERY song not just one or two, on every song the crowd was into it. Just watching the drummer was worth almost half my ticket cost IMHO, his setup was awesome.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

At both Toronto shows, the ticket time was 7:30 and the Police came on right around 8:45. Show over by 10:30...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I had no idea FP was headed by Lil' Gordo. In fact, I e-mailed a friend about them because I thought it was bizarre that the Police had an opening act that SOUNDED JUST LIKE THE POLICE!

Now it makes more sense, of course, but I gotta question Mini-Sting's musical choices. Why would you form a band that's a clone of Dear Old Dad's? Why not attempt something at least a LITTLE different? Hey, add a keyboard player or someone on kazoo - anything other than guitar/bass/drums... :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks