What's new

Some big news and rumors on The Police (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

actually, there's no better way to let the world know "we're back!!!" than The Grammys. You can only do so much heresay and yet there'd still be people seeing "The Police is coming to town in July" and scratching their head with "I didn't know they got back together?". But with the Grammy Awards, all throughout the world, people will know that The Police have reformed and that it'll be big. What comes to mind offhand was Kiss a number of years back appearing on there with Ace and Peter and complete with makeup. The reunion tour wouldn't have been half as known if not for that moment.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

That will be nice, but it's not enough to make me sit through 3 hours of torture. If I knew when they were coming on, I'd love it. (Odds are it will be near the end). I'll Tivo it, so I can scan through the garbage (unfortunately, my Tivo is not HD):frowning:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Wasn't Wright reinstated as a full member for "The Division Bell" album and Tour?

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
The Police are here in Vancouver right now practicing.

It's been in the local news for a couple of weeks now. Their equipment was seen being delivered to the rehearsal space and they've all been spotted around town.

Not a rumour

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
When Division Bell was first released, there was an interview on the radio while debuting the album and I remember Wright stating that he did record the final cut of the Momentary Lapse of Reason album, but did not want any credit for writing (why he wasn't pictured in the original release of MLOR as a member of Pink Floyd). It wasn't until after Division Bell was released when Richard Wright's picture was added to MLOR album.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess it's now "official"...I've seen commercials for the Grammys touting the Police's reunion.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
No doubt, Lee...I'll pay a good bit for that one!

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't one of the discs on the "Live" release recorded in ATL (at the Omni)?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I think the 1983 show was from Atlanta. Pretty sure that's the genesis of the live video from that tour - I think both feature the same show...

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Official dates have been announced, and to those who poopoo'd the Bonaroo rumors I mentioned a few weeks back, see for yourself...

Mon 05/28/07 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
Wed 06/06/07 Seattle, WA KeyArena at Seattle Center
Sat 06/09/07 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Fri 06/15/07 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena
Sat 06/16/07 Manchester, TN Bonnaroo Music Festival
Mon 06/18/07 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center
Tue 06/26/07 Dallas, TX AmericanAirlines Center
Sat 06/30/07 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena
Mon 07/02/07 Saint Louis, MO Scottrade Center
Sun 07/22/07 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Wed 07/25/07 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Sat 07/28/07 Boston, MA Fenway Park
Wed 08/01/07 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena
Fri 08/03/07 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena

There's also an option to join The Police Tour Club for $100 for an opportunity to get pre-sale tickets. There's a "free" tour club that basically only allows you to access the message boards, though they require a credit card number.

from Pollstar..."The North American leg of the tour is being sponsored by Best Buy, and ticket prices are set at $225, $90 and $50. In the U.S., members of Best Buy's Reward Zone program who have a membership that was activated before February 1 will have the opportunity to buy tickets prior to the general public." www.thepolicetour.com

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Out of all the false rumors circulating about Bonnaroo '07, I had heard the Police was the only act that was actually confirmed. We'll find out the rest Wednesday.

I'm a Reward Zone member but it looks like it won't help...there's no Atlanta date. :frowning: At least I'll get to see them at Bonnaroo. :D

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Hope so. Seeing them in dry comfortable clothes in an roofed arena beats seeing them at Bonnaroo anyday! However, I suppose beggars can't be choosy. I'm just happy it's really happening!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Word in Chicago is that two dates are going to happen at Wrigley Field around July 4th. These rumors have been swirling for a couple of weeks, and the conspicuous opening in the tour schedule only adds to that.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Man this is great news. I was too young to see them in concert but really got into The Police through some of Sting's early solo work. I did see Sting in concert in 1991 and had a great time but this will be better.

I thought they sounded great (and sharp) at the Grammys and am hopeful that we will (at least) get a new live album out of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks