What's new

Some big news and rumors on The Police (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hmm the Police Touring well According to the Drummer (I heard this on the Radio) He Stated he & the Guitarist would Tour But Sting is the One who does NOT want too :frowning:

From the Horses Mouth!! so NO Tour as of Yet Maybe we can Plead with Sting:)

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
The Police Derangements that Stewart did are floating around the bootleg scene. Plus they got used in his recent documentry on The Police.

Greg.G

Stunt Coordinator
Which documentary is that?

I actually thought they would despise the idea of working together again or has Sting's ego deflated to the point where he is once again a normal human being?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I'd always wondered, after Sting got ripped off by his crooked accountant some years back, if he would finally cave and do the money-spinning thing by agreeing to a reunion. He certainly seemed to do a fair number of money-spinning things that weren't exactly artisticially "sound" -- pimping Every Breath You Take and allowing it to be sampled in that horrible "tribute" to some slain artist, and singing back-up on said tribute, was IMHO a low point.

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
eh. i might have been interested in the early nineties, but i don't really care anymore. sting is uninteresting, plus he got up on stage with sean puffy combs (as yee ming mentioned). ugh. and he let puffy remix roxanne some years back, too. blech. he's almost as obnoxious as bono.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
From what I've been reading, expect The Poilce to make their reunion "official" live at the Grammys.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Eh, those Bonnaroo rumors have been unsubstantiated. For example, they had Pearl Jam headlining one night when they had already been booked in Europe on that date.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am surprised there are fans who don't want this. I mean, all three of them are still healthy and active, why not? I mean, better now than waiting until it's too late. I mean, we all admit that The Beatles was certainly a missed opportunity, do we not?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

Let them skip the show. It'll leave better tickets for the rest of us.

When I was a teenager, we used to laugh at reunion tours thinking: "they are just in it for the money".

But I'm much less critical now. This isn't a doo-wop or oldies oldies act touring Holiday Inn lounges. These are 3 very talented musicians. I'm sure they will approach this very critically & produce a great show. (maybe even some new music).

The Eagles recent tour is a perfect example of how a legendary group can put on & deliver a top-notch show. I'm certain this will be on the same level. Now if only Pink Floyd would do the same before its too late.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Sting makes Bono seem like Mother Teresa. And his act is so thin now, he's raiding the 16th century for material. Why not go back to the '70's and '80's (of the 20th Century)? Yes, I for one, like my Dowland 'un-stung.'

But would I pony up big bucks to see a Police show now??

You betcha.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is great news except for one thing!! THE GRAMMYS???

I can't think of too many things that I'd rather watch less than the GRAMMYS. The Grammys is a joke to those who like the GRAMMYS. I guess I'll have to Tivo it, so I can quickly skip through all of the garabage being awarded.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Hey, at least it's nice to look at in HD and hear in 5.1!!! I think they've done a better job of doling out the Grammys to more deserving artists recently than in years passed. Remember the Jethro Tull/Metallica debacle??? Ugh...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks