Some bad pics of my HT

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Tim K, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

The quality leaves alot to be desired...but with a laptop and webcam its the best I can do! Maybe Santa will bring me a digital camera for christmas and I can post some good pics! Anyway, I knocked out the closet that used to be behind the TV and slid the TV back. This increased my viewing distance by a good 2 feet. As for the dog she follows me everywhere...and I didn't want to leave the cat out...even though he is "my wife's cat" (and will always be according to her). He also seems to think floorstanding speakers are just noisy scratching posts...I have to remind him that they are not. If you look carefully you can see my homemade DTS and Dolby signs, as well as my DIY film reel table...not to mention my reflection in the TV. Due to the Dog and Cat, I have to keep the highly reflective protective screen. Light is not a problem thanks to room darkening shades and heavy drapes.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

What kind of speakers are those, they look like Def Techs? And if so what model #? The RPTV looks very nice sitting between them!

3. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

I actually have all Boston Acoustics speakers (except the sub). The mains are VR-950's, the center a VR-10 (now called VR-910), the surrounds are Micro-90s which use the same tweeter as the mains and center. The RPTV used to seem huge until I took out the closet and moved it back...now it seems a little small. Viewing distance is about 12ft.

4. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

Tim,

Two thumbs up!!! Congrats on a job well done [​IMG]

5. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    Nice set up. Looks like fun.

6. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

Hey Tim, nice setup! I like the wall colour a lot too. Goos job. [​IMG]