What's new

Some advice regarding Klipsch home theater speakers (1 Viewer)

mcampion16

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Campion
I am looking at buying Klipsch Home Theater Speakers and almost ready to buy a pair of F-2's Front Floorstanding Loudspeakers, One RC-52 Center Chanel Speaker , Pair of SS.5 Rear Surround Speakers and One KSW-10 10-Inch Subwoofer. Question-- Would you recommend this equipment? Question-- the room is roughly 20X30 feet-- what are some good recievers would you recommend to go along with this? Any help would be just amazing! Mike ttmcampion at hotmail dot com

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I you like how they sound, then go for it. A 10" sub is not sufficient for that room, and it is usually best to go with a sub manufacturer anyway, rather than the same brand as you have for speakers. Internet direct companies like SVS and Hsu are popular.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As John recommends, audition them. Listen for more than 30 seconds though. Some people find Klipsch harsh and fatiguing. That sub runs around $200 but I'd throw more money at the sub. My room is slightly smaller than yours and I use dual 15" subs and an amp capable of 1,600w at 20 hz. I like overkill. You need something in-between unless you will be watching romantic comedies all of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks