Solution for recording AT&T Digital Cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Goldstein, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Todd Goldstein

Todd Goldstein Auditioning

My old analog cable box had great features - you could set it to turn on and change channels at a given time so you could leave the house without worries of missing your favorite shows. However, the new Motorola box, while having a nice guide, has virtually no features that allow for recording programs. Has anyone found a good way to deal with this? At the moment, all I can do is leave the box on and set the VCR to record. If I want to tape something on one scrambled channel at 8 and something on another channel at 9, I have to set two VCRs on two separate TVs, each with it's own box (which, luckily I have). Is there an easier way? Some sort of extra bit of equipment I can buy?

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Todd- I second your complaint.
    I haven't found a good way to do what you (and I'd) like.
    One set up gimmick I have found, is that I send the cable right out of the wall to my TV (antenna 1). My TV has a splitter in it, so I then send the signal to the digital cable box, then my VCR, then back to my TV (antenna 2).
    The only benefit? I can watch analog channels on antenna 1 while recording digital channels on the VCR.
    We should ask about digital cable and TiVo too! (Just kidding.) [​IMG]
    ------------------