What's new

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ah I'm guessing it was mistook from the line when they were in the elevator going to meet Padme, which I was I thought you were referring to also before I saw your clip.
"I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks." :)

I don't think there's anything in Empire or Jedi to suggest that and I doubt Solo will either but I can't say it's difficult to imagine Lando being open to many kinds of sexy situations.

Last edited:

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. The line happens in Episode III, after they have rescued Palpatine. The dialogue exchange happens when they're back on Coruscant. Here is a clip:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/89c95eaf-7c6f-4049-ab64-1382f97aa33c

Ah I'm guessing it was mistook from the line when they were in the elevator going to meet Padme, which I was I thought you were referring to also before I saw your clip.

You are so right, I mistook it indeed for the elevator scene.

Sorry, Josh. I stand corrected. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Only be worried if you know the name of more than 3 members of the Separatist Council and more than 6 members of the Jedi Council.

Phew! I only recognize them by faces :)

But seriously, I love that movie so much and could probably recite all of the dialogue if I was forced to.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Phew! I only recognize them by faces :)
I said it as a joke but once I thought about it, I think I can name every Separatist Council member- Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Wat Tambor, Poggle The Lesser, Shu Mai, Passel Argente, San Hill and there's also a Walrusman & a Squidhead (to use the old toy names). I may be remembering Senator characters from TPM or AOTC but I believe the names of the last two guys are Po Nudo and Tikkes. I don't even want to look it up and find out if I'm right or not. :laugh:

I'd be a millionaire if I could remember stuff useful or profitable.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Does Lucasfilm invite all of the prequel stars to the premiere of the new ones, or should we read into Ewan's presence there as supporting the rumor they may work together again soon?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Does Lucasfilm invite all of the prequel stars to the premiere of the new ones, or should we read into Ewan's presence there as supporting the rumor they may work together again soon?
I doubt the alumni all get a proper invitation but I'd imagine that any of the main cast members from any of the previous movies could call up and get an invite if they wanted to see the movie and were available that day. That being said, I think McGregor's presence indicates that he's been working at LFL again.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Spoilers are starting to pop up all over the place now. I think it was a mistake for Lucasfilm to screen the movie for critics so far in advance of the release date.

I wonder if that was done to steal some of Deadpool 2's thunder.

And while the news on Obi-Wan seems valid, it also seems that the synopsis that was published by TMZ is simply taken from the novel Kenobi, which was published a few years ago. So the story is likely to be very different.

And Josh, happy 13th anniversary of Episode III today! (19 years for Episode I.)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Look, I'll admit I'm not the most liberal guy in the world, but I try to be respectful of alternate walks of life. That being said, I'm not buying this. Lando is a suave ladies man period. If you want to have a panssexual character, then a create new one.

Unless of course, in the Star Wars universe, pansexual means getting with hot alien babes, then maybe that's a different story.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Variety has a new piece on the making of the film which, of course, touches on the Lord and Miller issues but also talks a lot about what Howard did with it once he came on.

Of note, Howard helped to refine certain things in the script when he came on, so it wasn't just shooting exactly what had been written before.

Variety said:
Howard, meanwhile, worked with the Kasdans to further refine the script. He wanted the action scenes to be “cool, fast, fun, surprising,” the director says, but he also wanted to connect them to the idea of young Han Solo being tested, challenged and shaped by a gauntlet that would put him on the road to becoming the iconic cinematic figure audiences know and love.

The article also is very forthcoming about the scene in which George Lucas gave a note, to the point where some might consider that a slight spoiler (although I don't really, but some could, so just be warned it's there.) I'm quoting it under spoiler tags just in case because it's so specific about what the momnt is. If you want to read the article now and skip over this section, stop reading after Howard's quote about Harrison Ford liking the film, and it's safe to pick up again after the photo of Chewie.

Variety said:
The hand of George Lucas, too, happens to be present in the film, in a romantically charged scene between Ehrenreich and Clarke staged in Lando’s cape closet. There was a beat when Han takes Qi’ra’s cloak, hangs it up and moves on to his next bit of business. But Lucas had a note, if he could be so bold.

“He said, ‘You know, Han wouldn’t bother to hang it up,’” Howard says. “And then he sort of did it. George became Han Solo for a second. The body language was there and the attitude. Not only was it a nice accent on the scene, but it was also a reminder that George created this character and really understood him. He was so reluctant [to offer his opinion], and yet the choice was so right that that it was fun to use it.” (Neither Lucas nor Ford was made available for comment.)

This also confirms that Paul Bettany is a recast of the role previously played by Michael K. Williams, who couldn't come back for reshoots due to scheduling. This is the first time I can recall official confirmation that their roles are the same.

It's a good read for sure, whether you read it now or bookmark it and come back to it after seeing the movie.

http://variety.com/2018/film/featur...ory-directors-reshoots-ron-howard-1202817841/

And, an interview with Donald Glover on playing Lando:

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/d...rs-story-lando-ron-howard-atlanta-1202817926/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks