What's new

Solid core wire for speaker hookups? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
can't say as I have, but can't imagine any benefit from doing it as you'd lose flexibility and have such an unforgiving situation.

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
i dont, but bose does on the inside of their speakers. i would think that is enough reason not to do it!!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Pat,

I had some nice 4 conductor solid speaker wire (either 16 or 18 gauge) that I used to use in an old car audio install. I used it in my HT system for quite a while. I just twisted the red and black conductors together to make a single run. Worked great. I replaced it with DH Labs Silver Sonic that I got virtually for free. It has solid conductors as well.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Patrick,

Regular Radio Shack solid core wire is just okay for speakers, but some entry level audiophile cable is only pennys more and ten times better sounding. Purity os copper makes a big difference, for instance.

Look into Audioquest F14 and F18 or equivalent cables and then terminate the copper ends your self and I think you will be better off. I used this stuff on my maggies for years but I stepped up to the expensive stuff.

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks