What's new

Soldiers of Fortune - The Complete Series (TMG) (1 Viewer)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Deep Discount currently has it for $21.57 as part of the 25% off sale. It's currently back ordered but I'm in no hurry. An item that was also on backordered last week has already shipped so I'm not overly concerned.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I thought this would miss DD's sale. I tried to cancel my pre-order too when I realized SOF was included in the sale, and re-order it at the lower price, but they would not let me, as the order was heading out the door. I actually received Soldier Of Fortune yesterday, the release date, and watched a few episodes. It looks pretty good but some of the softer episodes have an extra disclaimer about the picture quality. It's a well written show with good tough guy dialog, set in the Revue backlot four corners of the world, with a generous helping of stock shots from movies. There are a lot of fairly well known B-Movie/TV actors and actresses in most episodes. So far I spotted: Dan Seymour, Henry Brandon. Jeff York , Dona Drake, Nancy Gates, and Jean Byron from the Patty Duke Show.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I've watched the first ten episodes, and I'm having a great time with the set. The series is fun, b-grade hokum. Sort of like a 1950s-era comic book come to life. And, as Bob mentioned, lots of familiar faces popping up. One singular episode featured Robert Armstrong in Oriental make-up, Frances Bavier a a Far East soup-kitchen proprietor, Aaron Spelling as a comical flunkie-for-hire, and good ol' Claude Akins as the heavy. For the most part, the scripts really aren't that bad, taking into consideration the nature of this type of material. The print quality is a bit uneven, though. Many look like solid 16mm transfers, many others have a more dupey tape appearance. So, it's not up to the level of other recent Timeless releases like "Whispering Smith" or "Frontier Circus," yet still most definately better than "M Squad," which had some real eyesores. Altogether, it's pretty tolerable. Especially when one puts this in context of the inherent rarity of this sort of show. It was indeed one of the year's big dvd surprises to find this released. What next? "Crunch and Des?" "Colonel Flack?" "King of Diamonds?"

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am looking forward to watching this show even though i never seen it when it was on its first run. I still like classic show and did not hesitate to purchase this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks