What's new

Soldier of Fortune on Dreamcast! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Has anyone played this yet on the Dreacast? I really want to go pick this one up. I have been looking for a game that is like Goldeneye, or Syphon filter for along time. Is this what I have been waiting for? Or is it just another mindless shoot em up kill everything in site game like Quake or Unreal Tournament? Not that there is anything wrong wth shoot em up games, but I want a little more strategy.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

paul h

Supporting Actor
There's a review of it here:
Link Removed
I had it on the PC and wasn't that impressed, plenty of gore and action for sure but not much in the way of strategy.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I also am looking forward to checking this game out. I've seen it on PC (never played it, my computer would self-destruct trying to handle it) and it sounds like the DC version could be decent. The other reason I wanna check it out is because one of the programmer's from Raven software gave a lecture at my summer class, and he was saying how this is the first console game they'd worked on. Raven is in Madison, so I gotta support the local boys.
But this game keeps getting delayed...it was due out on July 4th, then the 25th, and now it's the 27th and I still can't get it. I hope it doesn't follow the path of the DC Half-Life.
Jason

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Hey Jason, great news. I picked up a copy of SOF last night at my local Babbages. They had plenty of copies. And let me tell you, that is such a fun game. I love it. I played it for 3 1/2 hours last night. There is just something about walking right up to a bad guy and putting a bullet between his eyes. Replay value on this is very high. The story line on this game is actually pretty good. I was just messing around with this game last night, I cant wait to actually get serious and start working my way through the levels. This game makes Duke Nukem, Quake and Resident Evil look like childrens game. It is very graphic and realistic. Cool!
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

JasonK

Supporting Actor
That is great news, Jeff! I ordered one for myself thru work, haven't received it yet, though. Hopefully I'll have it next week. Thanks for the update!
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks