What's new

Custom Cover Soldier Blue (1 Viewer)

Robert George

Screenwriter
Studio Canal has released a remarkably fine transfer of the 1970 western, Soldier Blue, in Australia and some European territories. This was one of the early western genre films some refer to as "revisionist". Perhaps it would do us well to try to remember our actual history on the post-Civil War western frontier rather than the whitewashed, albeit entertaining, stories that Hollywood was want to crank out in the Randolph Scott/John Wayne era. Although many prefer to eschew the overtly political message of a film like Soldier Blue (or even Dances With Wolves, for that matter), taken for what it is, Soldier Blue is a sweeping, majestically photographed film of stark beauty and yes, violence.

If you are like me and seek out such gems that get to see the light of day on Blu-ray in other countries besides this one, I have been inspired to create a custom cover for it. If you so desire, I have posted this one at the usual places.

Soldier Blue Preview.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Are your covers available as downloads that can actually be printed to size?

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Studio Canal has released a remarkably fine transfer of the 1970 western, Soldier Blue, in Australia and some European territories. This was one of the early western genre films some refer to as "revisionist". Perhaps it would do us well to try to remember our actual history on the post-Civil War western frontier rather than the whitewashed, albeit entertaining, stories that Hollywood was want to crank out in the Randolph Scott/John Wayne era. Although many prefer to eschew the overtly political message of a film like Soldier Blue (or even Dances With Wolves, for that matter), taken for what it is, Soldier Blue is a sweeping, majestically photographed film of stark beauty and yes, violence.

If you are like me and seek out such gems that get to see the light of day on Blu-ray in other countries besides this one, I have been inspired to create a custom cover for it. If you so desire, I have posted this one at the usual places.

View attachment 30646

The bluray of SOLDIER BLUE is not available in Australia.I don't think that it has ever been available.

Robert George

Screenwriter
The bluray of SOLDIER BLUE is not available in Australia.I don't think that it has ever been available.

Thanks for the correction. I have been working with Soldier Blue and The Lighthorsemen at the same time and I think I got the disc origins confused. The Lighthorsemen is definitely from Australia (Umbrella Ent.).

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
When this played @ the Grand theatre in Balto. City ,we had a few more patrons
then other recent films. Many were shocked @ children being beheaded, by the Soldiers. That was a sad time. The truth is sometimes tuff to take. Great film tho.
I
t's about time it was put out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks